07. All My Surprise

07. All My Surprise
_______________

 All My Surprise _______________

____________________

FRIDAY CAME WITH scorching back pains and a heavy weight in her heart in the morning, a chill running through her. It was early enough in the morning that she knew Giaro would be in the His closet adjacent to her's closet, wrangling the thin strip of his tie into a masterpiece with his brows and mouth dipped into the concentrated frown.

Naomi would often watch from the doorway of the mahogany toned space, a loose smile playing on her lips with her head tilted to the side before he would turn around and kiss her until she felt dizzy. She wanted to feel his strong, rough hands on her skin again as he kneaded the knots and pain away but Naomi found the shame of having had lustful dreams, courtesy of his soothing touch, keeping her cemented on the edge of the bed as she doubled over in pain. She tried to work her own hands into her back but found that the sweltering pain was stubborn as it slithered up into places she could not reach.

Breathless groans slipped past her lips as the pain became unbearable.

Her body felt hot, too hot, and small bullets of sweat pushed out from the coily depths of her hairline and skid down the toffee skin of her temple. The guest bedroom— empty and lonely— felt too warm.

Her head shot up at the sound of a door opening down the hall, knowing that Giaro would make his way to her door before slipping out of the house for work. She saw two black slits beneath the door that grew in size as he approached. Pushing herself onto her swelling feet after kicking them into soft slippers, Naomi dragged herself into the bathroom of the guest suite.

His footsteps came to a smooth halt as he lingered at her door— listening in. A hot pinch of pain nipped at her spine. Balling her hand into a fist, she covered her mouth to mute the short, shaky breaths and groans that escaped until the patter of his dress shoes faded into a distant echo as he retreated and made his way to work.

Thank God, she sighed.

Naomi didn't want to have to deal with him and his concern so early in the morning. She didn't have the patience. She'd gone to bed with questions about their relationship on her mind and had awoken with no answers. She couldn't look into his dark, forest eyes and come to a conclusion that wasn't influenced by the sadness she saw behind them. A sadness she hadn't noticed before.