12. All My Beginnings

_______________

 All My Beginnings_______________

____________________

NAOMI FELT GROGGY as she turned off her alarm and got dressed for work. She'd helped her mom get settled in the guesthouse and prepared a salad for dinner before excusing herself to bed early. Giaro's eyes on her were like a laser digging into her skin. Like a shadow, she could feel him everywhere she went. Thankfully, when she exited her shower and entered her bedroom, Giaro was not at the foot of the bed and waiting for her like he had been the night before.

Something niggled at her chest. She wasn't sure whether it was disappointment or relief.

Naomi was greeted by Eddie with the suave tip of his hat and the soft smile that tugged the corners of his wise eyes into whiskers. Sitting in the backseat of her husband's Benz, she typed a quick text to Remy: hey, lunch later?

His response only afforded her a few seconds to gaze out the window before her phone buzzed in her lap: ofc! any ideas?

She smiled. Her mind was swarming and she needed to talk to Jeremy before she drove herself crazy. It's a surprise! I'll meet you in the lobby.

Naomi locked her phone and pensively gazed out the window. Giaro was becoming way too comfortable in his secrets that he kept from her. Although thoughts of him threatened to keep her mind busy, she couldn't let them. Today was her first day back at Elleise Estates and Properties and she needed to be on the ball and at the top of her game.

The problems of her marriage could wait until the two of them were sat on Dr. Kim's couch later. She needed to assure Annie Terstegen— her old friend, mentor and employer— that she hadn't made the wrong move in trusting Naomi.

Naomi surfed through her google alerts to see the picture she, Giaro and Islow had taken outside the steps of the church. The whole world now knew about the budding addition to the family. Her bump was as partially visible there as it was in the royal blue dress currently wrapped around her body, it's modest slit allowing her to comfortably cross her legs in the back of the luxurious vehicle. She had been gobsmacked to find Giaro's driver, Eddie, waiting for her at the motor court with the back door of the tinted Benz open and awaiting. Surprise spilled in her chest.