04. All My Work

04. All My Work
_______________

 All My Work_______________

____________________

NAOMI, I'D LIKE you to meet Eric," Annie's raspy and elegant voice introduced after filtering two air kisses to her then to Sameer— who had moved out of the reserved seats and stood next to Naomi to welcome the pair.

The man, Eric, pulled his hands out of his pockets and leaned forward with an outstretched arm which Naomi met in the middle. His large hand was warm and firm as it wrapped around her manicured one. Looking into his dark eyes, she offered him a smile. "Hi, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise," his smooth voice reversed.

His deep-set eyes were a dark charcoal shade sheathed in a longer eye shape with sharper angles to them. They were hooded with sharp, dark lashes that fanned out. His cheekbones bones were high and his jawline angular and sharp, free of any dark hair. His pale, ivory skin looked remarkably clear and smooth under the warm lights. His silky hair was greased back into an inky river, a side part sectioning the fresh cut.

His tall figure that easily towered over Naomi was dressed in a mocha coloured suit that was tailored to perfection for his long, toned limbs and seamlessly paired with shiny, black dress shoes. Eric had the body of a swimmer, the black-buttoned blazer resting comfortably on his broad shoulders. A white shirt hugged him. The two top buttons were undone, exposing the pale skin beneath and— when he leaned down to shake her hand— the soft black strands that clung to his chest.

She released his hand.

Annie Terstegen shrugged off her cuppachino coloured coat. The maitre'd was quick to take it into her hands. Sameer offered her the seat beside him and so Eric took the seat beside Naomi, his tall and slender body blocking her peripheral entirely. She was hardly able to see past his shoulders.

His scent hit Naomi's nostrils in a light wave. The architect at her side smelt of oak and aloe, a weird combination that had Naomi involuntarily cocking her head to get another whiff of.