31. Guide

Natasha POV
"Then do this for me." I blurt out.

"I won't be able to live long anyway." She speaks with tears well up in her eyes.

"You are not going to die, you are not going to prison." I step closer to her. "I won't allow it." I could see her wall crack and defence dropping as I inch closer to her. As I get closer to her within an arm's length, I snatch the pistol off her and pull her into me. 

The snipers looking inside the room must have informed the polices waiting outside that she has been disarm, and the room is clear to enter. They quickly secured the room and guided the three men out.

Y/N was still in my arm sobbing as the other police waited around. I waved for them to leave since I knew she wanted to be alone. I know they are probably here to arrest her, but I wasn't going to allow that to happen. They looked around, unsure if they should leave and disobey their boss's order but a glare at them quickly helped them make their decision.

"It's only us now." I rub her back to calm her down.

"I- I can't... I don't know what to do..." she says between her sobbing and hiccups.

"You don't need to know everything. I can guide you." I soothe her. "Shall we go back home?" She nodded.

---

I put her in bed to sleep but she didn't let go of my hand. She didn't open her eyes to say anything, but I understood its meaning and got into bed with her. It probably gives her comfort that I'm still next to here while she sleeps. We lay next to each other hand in hand throughout the entire night.

The next morning, I woke up in the same position and I turned over to see if Y/N was alright. I was greeted by the sight of Y/N staring at the ceiling emotionless.

"Morning."

"Natasha." She rolls over to face me and my eyes widen to see her tear-stained face.

"Y/N! Have you been crying?" Worry evident on my face.

"I guess." She croaks.

"Look, you don't have to think so much. I am going to SHIELD to settle this okay?" I assured her as I tuck her hair behind her ears and she nodded. 

Your POV
After Natasha left for SHIELD, I had a lot of time to reflect. There are still things I am hiding from her, I know she'll help me but my mind can't help but think of all the worst scenarios that can happen. The cons defeated the pros and I decided to keep it to myself.

I sat on the couch trying to get rid of the moody feeling by blasting music from the stereo in the mini theatre, swaying side to side to the beat of the music. Humming to the lyrics.

I got to get back up, for Natasha. I can't let her continue seeing me like this. I practice smiling, loosening my facial muscles.

I didn't even hear Natasha come back until I stepped out of the theatre. She just got to the kitchen and put down what appears to be lunch.

"I thought you'd only come back in the evening." I furrowed my brow, confused.

"I know you need to eat, and I've gotten approval to work from home." She tilts her head as she explains to me.

As we were eating, I felt a sharp pain from my chest. I dropped the fork from my hand and clutched my chest.

"Are you alright?" I can see the worry in her eyes.

"Yeah, just the pain from all the beatings." I laugh nervously. She squinted her eyes but let it go.

I let her use my office to work as I report back to Ester also. There's really nothing much left to be done and because of this incident, she has been promoted to the Head of NSA, Luna has also followed her up since Luna is the only one Ester trust at the moment. They are undergoing an extensive restructuring exercise to weed out employees who were working and helping Apollo in his misdeeds.