10. Contract

Your POV
I texted Natalie again, seeing that she didn't read or reply to me.

You:
If you don't want to be friends just say, don't leave me hanging.
No?
Nothing?
Okay...

The next few days passed in a daze, the decision to make still lingering in my head.

Fuck it.

(leather jacket)

(leather jacket)

I grabbed my car keys and drove off to my old workplace. The building layered with battered bricks amongst all the other modern designs surrounding it. Contrary to its exterior, its interior is filled with all of the latest technology, lights shining everywhere like a grand hotel.

"I'm here to see Ester." I told the lady stationed at the lobby.

"Did you make an appointment?"

"Just tell her it's Y/N."

She pressed some buttons on the phone and passed me a key card. "Ms Bishop is on her level."  I gave her a wink before heading to the lift to Ester's level.

"I told you she'll come within a week." Ester nudges Luna with her elbow.

"You think you know me all that well huh." I take a seat in front of her desk. I assess the situation around her before adding. "I see that Luna has been promoted to become your right hand."

Ester nodded her head. "So? Have you come with an answer?"

"I need you to tell me everything you know if I am going to join." I lay my terms out.

"That's not going to happen." She shakes her head.

"Then it's not happening." I stand up getting ready to leave.

"Do you really think you can walk off after killing someone?" Ester was not fazed that I was walking away, rejecting her proposal.

Killing someone? Then it all clicked. I turn my head slowly to Luna then back to Ester. "You used Luna to make me kill Karl. You knew I was going to help her. Was this her final test so that she can be promoted? To use me?" I lift Ester from her seat, grabbing her collar and pin her to the wall as I said the last sentence.

Luna steps forward to separate the both of us but I push her away.

"Once you stepped in here. It's either you join or head to jail. Don't forget, at the end of it, we are still part of the government. We can't let a killer scot-free" She grabbed my hands and shook them off her, straightening her clothes.

"You're threatening me..."

"I'm negotiating. The NSA has rules." She raises her hand and Luna passes her a sheet of paper. "Sign this and we can continue working."

I take a look at the paper. Heart still beating quickly from the situation that I possibly have no way out. My gears started turning.

"... You ordered someone to stab Natalie." You realised how the situation ties up.

"Is that her name? She was snooping around too much, so I gave her a warning." Cocking her eyebrow.

"Warning? She almost died god damn it!" I slammed the table.

"You know you're not allowed to be in a relationship." Ester crossed her arms.

"It's not stated in the contract and I'm not in a relationship" I took a pen from her table and signed it before tossing it back to her.

"You're required to be here tomorrow morning as well." She shouted as I left her office.

This son of a bitch, I kick and scream as I head down to the lobby in the lift. Everyone is looking at me as I walk across the lobby. I fell into her trap that I can't get out. Everything is not going well.

The naming patterns works here as well.

Their first name has to do with the constellation.
Their last name all starts with a 'B'.