14. Feelings

Natasha POV
We've been keeping tabs on Hydra's base for 3 days now. Taking pictures of possible Hydra enemies for identification. Fury said no communication during this mission because they may intercept the signal and we were only given burner phones to be used in an emergency.

It is my shift to keep an eye on Hydra's base so I head to the roof to take over from Wanda.

"Anything?" I asked as I sat next to her. She shook her head looking at her hands.

"Maybe they have another exit."

"For real though, are you seeing someone?" Wanda shifts closer to me.

"Shut up."

"You know you can always talk to me, right?" Wanda hits me playfully before leaving.

I feel bad for leaving Y/N behind so abruptly and I can't even call or text her about it. Truth to be told, during few days we are here, Y/N keeps popping in my mind when I'm off duty. Even now when I am supposed to be concentrating on keeping an eye out for enemies, I am thinking of her. I guess you can say I'm multitasking.

5 days finally passed and for the amount of time we were here, the amount of information does not make it worthwhile. Hydra is being very cautious this time, leading us to think that they are planning something big.

There isn't going to be a mission soon or at least not on consecutive days so I went over to Y/N house to try my luck.

I didn't see any lights or movement in her house but I decided to press the doorbell anyway. I waited for what seemed like a few minutes but there was no answer. I tried knocking on the door but the same thing happened.

Maybe she's not home at the moment.

---

"Where did you go?" I looked over to Steve who was sitting in the lounge. "You left right after we landed" He added.

"Out." I replied to him coldly. He knew better than to continue asking so he decided to let the matter rest. "Don't forget the mission report!" He shouted before I turned the corner.

I step into the shower to clear my head. It is my fault for leaving her behind. Now she's ignoring me.

I check my phone as I am drying my hair and see a string of messages that Y/N had sent. I drop the towel and texted her back immediately.

Oh god, now she definitely thinks I'm ignoring her.

Natalie:
Sorry.
I was working and I didn't see your message.
We were not allowed phones.
Yes we are friends.
Do you want to meet up?
Sorry.

I keep my phone beside me at all times in case she replies but there were no notifications at all. I tried calling her a couple of times throughout the day but was met with her dialing tone.

I decided to give it one more try and look for her again tomorrow.

—-

I drive up to her driveway, still sitting in my car while looking at her house. This time taking note of how big it is. It's nowhere near as big as the Avengers compound but it's pretty big for a person staying alone.

I stand in front of her door apprehensively, afraid to be met with the same reply. With a heavy heart, I pressed the doorbell hoping for some sort of a reply but there was silence.

I sighed and turned to leave.

"What are you doing here?" My head snaps to the direction where the voice is coming from.