7. Encounter

>time skip to the day of date<

Your POV
I left my office since it was almost time to get ready for my 'date' with Natalie. I haven't really planned on what to do.

What do people do on dates? Has she been on any dates?

Many things run through my mind as I get ready

(Picture of jumper)

I grab my car keys and go to my garage. Just as I stepped out of my car, someone knocked me from behind and pushed me back into the car. I only managed to catch a glimpse of the culprit before passing out.

---

The feeling of cold water splashing on my face wakes me up, coughing as I choke on the water. I struggle to get out of my seat but my hands are tied at the back.

"What do you know about us?" One of the men grabs my hair and interrogates me.

"Know about who?" I genuinely have no idea what they are talking about. All I know is that I am late for my date and I am in a mess.

"You were the one who killed Karl!" I felt a sting as he backhand slapped my face with his ring. What kind of mess has Luna gotten me into...? I need to end this quickly if I still want to have a chance with my date.

"Ah... I see. Okay, okay. I'll tell you."

"You better tell the truth or I'll torture you until you wished you were dead."

I keep silent and look at them. "I will only tell you, not your lackey." He looks at them and waves for them to leave.

"Come closer there may be bugs around." I whisper so softly he is barely able to hear.

"What did you say?" He inches closer to me.

"I said, then I'll meet you in hell." I knocked into his head and he stumbled backwards.

"What the hell?" He rubs his forehead as his voice alerts his lackey but I manage to get out of my restraint and take his gun while he is still unstable. His lackey rushes into the room but he is too slow with his trigger. The last thing he saw was his boss in pain.

"Now, it's your turn to tell me. Who are you?" I grab his shirt and toss him on the chair.

"I- "

"I don't have time for you, I'm in a rush." I cut him off and told him I meant business as I pointed the gun on him.

"I'm not going to tell you..." He laughs at me. I sigh and squeeze the trigger, making a mess in the room. I make my way out stealthily but since I hear no footsteps rushing in once I fired the shot, I should be safe to get out. It seems like there were only two of them.

I make sure I have my belongings with me and find my car parked at the roadside. I quickly got in and sped towards the bar. It was already 7.30pm. I'm not even sure if Natalie is still waiting. What is she going to think when I appear in a mess? Oh my god...

I run into the bar and scan the room for Natalie. Thank goodness she is still here.

"Look, sorry I'm late. I ran into-" My mouth started running as I took my seat next to her.

"What happened to you? You look like a mess." She cuts me off.

"Yeah. I know. I ran into some gangsters on the way here." Which was kinda true.

"And you managed to get out?" She pushes my drink towards me.

"Thank you. I mean, I am a trainer. Besides, the cops happened to pass by." I take a much needed sip of alcohol after encountering such an incident.

"Your face!" She grabs my chin and makes me face her. She furrowed her eyebrows. Right, I totally forgot about the slap I took. She must have seen it when I tilted my head to drink and the light shone on it.

"Well, do I still look good?"

She rolls her eyes, not believing that was what I cared about. "It won't if you continue to leave it there. Let's settle your cut first."

"If you wanted to come to my house you could have just said."

She punches my shoulder playfully. I laughed along with her before pulling her out of the bar with me.

>time skip to your house<

"Well, where are the medical supplies?" She leans against the kitchen table with her arms crossed in front of her.

"You want to do it?" I hand her the first-aid kit.

She nods her head and says, "This is a small thing compared to what you have done for me."

She used the alcohol wipes causing me to flinch and did a half wink. She holds my chin with her two fingers as she cleans my wound. Her face is so close to me that I can feel her breath on my face. The look that she has on her face when concentrating is so mesmerising.  I wish time would just stop right now.

Shit. I think I'm catching feelings.

Natalie finished cleaning my wound by putting a band aid on my right cheek but I am still staring at her, not knowing she's done.

"Hello?" She waves her hand in front of my face to snap me back to reality.

"Oh sorry, thank you so much." I pack the first aid and leave the area, holding my chest. God, my heart is beating so fast.