26. Heartbeat

Natasha POV
My eyes flutter open to the same position we were in, hugging each other in embrace. Her larger stature blocks most of the sun shining in as I hide in the crook of her neck.

"Morning." She greets knowing I am awake from all the stirring.

"Mhmm." I replied, still not fully awake yet. "Did you sleep?" I asked, knowing the answer.

"Do you think you can bring me to your workplace?" I was stunned, not sure if it's because she avoided my question or she asked about my work as soon as she woke up.

"My workplace? You mean the Avengers?" I still couldn't get my head around it.

"Or SHIELD. Wherever."

"Should be fine since you already met Fury. Why?"

"I just want to follow you around."

I went and gave her a hug. I don't know what she's feeling but I know it's not a good one. We got ourselves out of bed and prepared to leave. I did her hair into a simple ponytail, even though I suggested doing something else she said she liked it that way. After I was done, I gave her a hug from behind. All this while, Y/N has been the one initiating affection and it's time for me to do the same. She relaxes and leans into my hug and turns to give me a kiss on the cheeks.

"We better get going."

(your outfit)

(your outfit)

Y/N drove us to the Avengers compound and I introduced her to everyone. Clint and Wanda were excited to have a name to a face while Tony wasn't being so nice about it, surprised that I have a girlfriend and even dating for a while already without his notice. Steve and Bruce were being a gentleman and introduced themselves.

I gave her a tour around the compound like how she did for hers. Showing her the training room, armoury, lab, med bay, meeting rooms and Tony's lab.

"Your home is enormous, I don't see why you're surprised by mine." She remarks as we end the tour at my office.

"Yeah but I share these with a whole lot of other people whereas you live alone." I paused. "You can hang around here while I work. I'll come and find you when I'm done. My room is on the fourth floor, third door down if you want to rest."

After parting ways with Y/N I went right into my work. After leaving my post for a few days, there was a pile of work waiting for me. After a few hours working, I received a text from Y/N.

Y/N:
I got called for work but I'll come back and fetch you.

Natasha:
Got it. See you soon.

I also catch up with my training with Clint, after leaving him alone for a few days.

"You finally remembered to come and see your friend." Clint jokes.

"Very funny, let's see if you can still laugh later." My one-liner caused him to shut his mouth instantly, knowing it is not going to be an easy training session ahead. I stick around the training room longer than usual to make up for lost time together with Steve since Clint is absolutely battered.

Closer to evening, I receive another text from Y/N.

Y/N:
I'll wait for you downstairs.
Just let me know when you are done.

Natasha:
Just give me a sec, I'm almost done here.

I forgot that Y/N isn't able to come in since she doesn't have the clearance and people at the ground floor don't really know who she is. All they see, is me bringing her in.

I pack my stuff and quickly make my way down after saying goodbye to everyone. Tony just couldn't resist making some snarky comment earning himself a glare from me. I walk down to the lobby area and see a lovely sight. Y/N with her eyes closed, head resting against the back of the chair, listening to her headphones.

I quietly creep over to her and swipe the headphone off her, listening to it.

"Hey! Give it back!" She tries to grab it back but I dodge every move and push her hands down. She immediately went for her phone to pause it but I heard enough.

"Why are you listening to a heartbeat?" I take off her headphones.

"I- uh... It- It calms me down..." Y/N takes back her headphone and plays with it.

"Awww, you can record mine if you'd like."

"It'd be difficult, but I'll do it if I get the chance to." She reaches out for my hand and walks over to her car. "Be careful." She says as she opens the door for me to get in.

"What has gotten into you? It isn't like you to be so 'gentleman' like."

"If you hate it then I'll stop."

"Nooo, I didn't say that." She chuckles as she starts the engine and drives off.