8. Confess

Natasha POV
"Are you going to give me a house tour?" Y/N turns her head to face me, away from the movie that we are watching. Was there something wrong with the question, why does she look so shocked? I tilt my head and wait for her to answer.

"I only show my house to my girlfriend." She adjusts herself by putting her arms on the head of the couch and resting her head on her fist.

"I've been here twice already." Copying her actions.

"But you are still not my girlfriend." She cocks her eyebrow.

"Why don't you pop the question?"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I can't tell if she's being sarcastic or if she's being real. Just because I told her to ask doesn't mean she has to. She stares at me waiting for a reply.

"Are you being for real? I don't want to play games." Being in a relationship as an Avenger is dangerous. Especially when I am taught that love is for children, it's tough to fall in love.

"I am being real; I just didn't know how you feel about me. So, I took this chance. With you, I feel this adrenaline pumping through me, making me unlike myself. Every waking moment I think about you, and let me tell you, it's a long day for me. But I also don't want you to say yes just because you want to return the favour."

"Maybe we can save the house tour for next time." I reply to her, unable to reciprocate her feelings.

She nodded, "It's fine, I did tell you, you didn't have to have feelings for me on this date."

Your POV
Hahaha, how embarrassing, professing your love only to get rejected. We did only met three times...

Natalie's phone rang during the awkward silence we had after getting rejected. She excused herself and went to answer her phone. I paused the movie for her but we both knew that none of us would be watching the movie after the conversation we just had.

I feel her hands on my shoulder and turn around. "Sorry, I have to leave. Duty calls."

"So late?" I push myself up the couch.

"Yeah... sorry."

"What kind of assistant continues to work after 8?" I try to hide my disappointment as I hold the door open while she packs her stuff.

"I'll see you next time." She gives me a peck on my cheeks before walking out.

I sent her off before heading back to my office. I should install a mini cooler in my office for my alcohol. I'm starting to become an alcoholic, drinking it like water.

Natasha POV
Wanda called and informed me that I was needed for a mission. Just a simple recon mission with Steve and Wanda on Hydra but at night, since that's when they are the most active. I proceed to my room to change into more appropriate clothing.

"You dressed up to go somewhere?" Wanda leans against her door as I walk past her to my room. I roll my eyes and ignore her; I don't have to answer her question.

"I can still find out even though you're not telling me." She raises her voice slightly to speak through the door.

"You better not Wanda!" I yell from my bathroom.

"It's going to be a five-day mission by the way." Wanda notified me when I got into the quinjet.

"And you're telling me that now?" She shrugs her shoulders and takes her seat.

Your POV
I spent the night in my office writing in my notebook. I stretched myself awake, feeling very sore due to the awkward position I slept in. I look over to the mess on my table, bottle laying everywhere, scraps of paper tossed on the ground. I kicked them aside and went to have breakfast in the café I frequent.

A lady occupies the seat across from me and I glance up at her. Aurora Bright.

"What are you doing here Bright?" I continue to scroll through my phone, not caring about her.

"Oh come on, don't be like that." She runs her finger across my hand. I flick her away and take a sip of my tea. "She just wants me to pass you this USB." She takes it out of her pocket and places it on the table.

"I'm not doing it." Still not looking at her.

"She says you will after looking at it."

I down the last bit of my tea and storm off the table, along with the USB. Everyone in the café was looking at me when I pushed my chair to leave.

---

I plug the USB into my computer, biting my lips as it loads and scans through the details shown.

They had to choose this day to give it to me...

It is a report about an arms deal that happened 7 years ago, the day my sister died. The dealer, buyer, middleman, everything. Even the weapons that they were transacting, which was enough to start a war. Things went wrong and they went into hiding, that's why we were unable to find them. NSA seems to have picked up on rising activities recently. This organisation or should I say, Felix Walker (head of it all), is not easy to catch. Each time we were closing in on them, they managed to sneak away in the nick of time with all traces gone. The only thing new is that there has been an addition to the organisation, or should I say change in ownership?

If you didn't figure it out by now, you used to work for NSA - National Security Agency.
I really hope they don't come and knock on my door for using this. I wanted to come up with another name but I couldn't think of anything cooler.

Also, there are 2 patterns in the names, can you figure it out?
Hint:
Luna Blake, Aurora Bright.