6. Returning the favour

Your POV
After I finished stitching up her wound and let her rest on my bed, I went back to the kitchen to clean up the bloody mess. I hoped she would recover properly; I don't have a spare blood bag but I did whatever I could.

Light started to spread through my house and before I knew it, it was already the next morning. I place the pain medication and a glass of water on the bedside table in case she wakes up.

Natasha POV
My eyes blink open to a familiar sight. She must have moved me to her room after cleaning my wound. I looked around to see a glass of water and a box of pain medication next to me. I reach over and manage to see more medical equipment around me.

Where did she get the IV drip from?

I notice a note that is placed underneath the glass.

If you are in pain, take the pain medication. I'll come and check on you in a while. Don't move too much.

Y/N

I sigh and rest my head back on the pillow again. Who was the one who stabbed me? The person who made the unidentified sound?

The door opens and Y/N steps in. She rubs her fingers on her forehead, thinking what to say. "I know I said I am trained in all sorts of things, but maybe head to a professional next time." She takes a seat next to me.

"I'm sorry, you did a great job though. Where did you get all this medical equipment?"

"Sometimes it's used to recover after training." She replies after hesitating for a while. I didn't want to push too far since she has done so much for me so I just left it there.

"Why would an assistant like you get stabbed?"

I shook my head in silence. I tried to get out and head back to the compound but Y/N put her hands up.

"Where do you think you're going? The wound is not shallow."

"Well, then can you get me my phone?" I searched for my phone earlier but it was not in sight.

"Oh right!" She left to retrieve my phone. "Look, you can rest today and leave tomorrow."

I text Clint that I would not be back in the compound but if there's an emergency, he can still contact me. I doubt Fury has any mission for me any time soon.

Your POV
I remove her IV drip since she's awake. I didn't know when she was going to be awake since she had lost so much blood. I left the room after settling her down. The wound needs time to heal and she definitely cannot be moving so vigorously on the first day.

I plop down on my couch and drift off to sleep. It's been more than 24 hours since my last wink of sleep, I am running purely on adrenaline. You may think, at least you're getting some sleep now... It didn't last long, the longest I can sleep without my sleeping pill is three hours. More often than not, I would wake up earlier than that.

I decided to go and greet my best friend, whiskey. I walk over to the bar but I hear some clanking sound coming from the kitchen. I quicken my pace to see Natalie in the kitchen searching for something.

"Are you looking for something?" She turns around with her eyes wide open. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"No, no you didn't. I was just looking for cutlery for this." Natalie points to the takeaway on the table.

Since when did she order this? Did I sleep through the doorbell?

That was unusual, normally I'm quite a light sleeper but I guess the alcohol coupled with not sleeping really knocked me out. I casually pull open the drawer that is next to me and give her a set.

"Join me?" I shrug my shoulders and sit across from her.

"I didn't mean to wake you up." I told her it was alright and that I didn't even hear anything until I was walking to the kitchen. There was a moment of awkward silence.

"Do you have any siblings?" Natalie asks me out of nowhere.

"Yeah, I have a sister."

"But you're staying here all alone?"

"How about you go on a date with me?" I try to change the subject. Natalie freezes with her fork in the air. "You don't need to have feelings. I just want to know how it feels like to go out with someone." I clarify for her. It's true, I have never been on a date with anyone before. Too busy with work and following orders and rules.

"Weren't you waiting for someone the first time we met?" Natalie talking about the time we met at the bar.

"I met her online."

She widens her eyes and nods. "Always risky. Sure, since you saved my life, this is the least I can do."

"Great! Next week 7pm at the bar, is that alright?"

"Consider it done."

Just to clarify. You have trouble sleeping sometimes, not insomnia. 
If your head is clear, on most day, you are able to sleep fine. Recent events just make you on edge.