21. Sandwich

Natasha POV
Today is the first time I managed to wake up before Y/N. Normally, I always wake up to her staring at my face, or in her words 'admiring my face'. Even though she never tells me I know she has trouble sleeping for long durations. It's nice being able to see her sleep peacefully for once. As I move a strand of hair away from her face, I notice the bruising on her right shoulder. It is quite a serious bruise. She must have gotten it when she caught me falling from the building. I let out a silent sigh for causing her so much pain.

Soon, she stirred awake and opened her eyes. "Good morning darling."

She hummed and buried her face into the pillow. "I'm sorry I broke down in front of you yesterday." I can barely hear her muffled voice through the pillow.

"There's nothing wrong with breaking down. I'm here for you." I rub my hands up and down her back. "Also you don't want to be lying like this too long. It's not good for your injury."

"Oh, you saw it?" She said as she got up and faced me.

"Yeah, earlier. Just before you woke up." I reach forward but she grabs my hand away from it.

"I- um, it hurts when you touch it. Maybe you can tie my hair instead? I can't raise my hand above my head." She speaks wearily as she releases my hand. I nodded and she turned her back to me requesting for a simple ponytail. I tied it for her and patted her shoulder indicating I was done.

"Let me help you with breakfast." I offered.

"No, it's okay. You don't know where things are."

"I have been here for a few months; I think I know where things are placed." I gave her a kiss before heading out.

Your POV
I sit in front of the kitchen counter looking at her walking around my kitchen. Sometimes opening the drawer but not finding the thing she wanted before opening another. I didn't say anything and let her fumble her way through and she eventually managed to make something.

"Just sandwich?" I thought she was making something more special seeing how she was looking for things.

"I only know how to make sandwiches." She says in embarrassment, rubbing her neck.

"I guess I have to get used to eating sandwiches for breakfast then." I stretch over the counter to give her a kiss. She kept on telling me sorry for having just a sandwich for breakfast and I had to keep assuring her that I was just joking.

"I know this is probably not the best time to say it when we just got back together... but I want you to know that I am not trying to use you or anything." I freeze in my spot not looking at Natalie.

"What is it?" She comes round and turns my body to face her.

"You know the information you got? I need a copy of it. I went to ask from Fury but I gave it away before I could look through it."

"Okay." She replies quickly and takes out her phone.

"Wait. You're accepting so fast? Also don't tell Fury, he'll be mad I lost it." I look up at her clicking at her phone. She tells me that she always makes a copy of the information before giving it to Fury so what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

"Thank you, I love you so much. I just want you to know that if you didn't give it to me, I would have to go to Fury to get it again." I pull her in closer to me.

"I love you too." She slams her lips onto mine, leading us into a hot and passionate kiss. Our tongue exploring each other's mouth.

"You wouldn't want to make out in the kitchen right?" I pulled away.

"You taste like a sandwich anyway." She chuckled.

"Hey! I thought that's how you liked it." I faked hurt.

---

"Are you not heading to work today?" She shook her head saying she took the day off.

"Should I call you Natalie or Natasha?" She finally puts down her laptop and walks over to me.

"I'm fine with anything."

"Natalie was never your real name right?" She nodded. "It doesn't matter, as long as you know I'm calling you, Natasha." She takes a seat next to me and we continue to work side by side.

With the information I got from Natasha, I got to working. Sifting through their information to find any discrepancy in their accounts. Seeing if there's any pattern, highlighting the major amount of money spent in suspicious areas, reading through the company's chairman statement and events planned.

As I drag my finger down the list, I come across an event that is happening today, a networking event. I scrambled to find my phone in the mist of paper to call Ester.

You:
Ester! Get me on the guest list of Chimera networking event today. Also don't tell Apollo or Aurora.

Ester:
Where did you get this information from?

You:
From their accounts.

Ester:
Didn't Aurora collected the information before you got to go through it?

You:
Don't question me. Just get me on it. Also don't trust Apollo or Aurora.

"You trust Ester?" Natasha heard the whole conversation next to me.

"I worked with her the longest, if I don't trust her, there's no one else. Besides, I need her help to get me on the list." I slump back onto my chair. "Now we wait for the confirmation."