XVII

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚝 𝚠 𝚎 𝚗 𝚝 𝚢 𝚜 𝚎 𝚟 𝚎 𝚗

✫ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑒✫

"Kiyoomi, seriously, why are we here?"

Komori was flabbergasted when his cousin said he'd treat him to lunch. Kiyoomi never did that. It was unnerving, to say the least. It's dramatic but it is comparable to when people treat someone they're about to give bad news to something as sweet as this.

"Nothing."

His reply was suspicious. They were sitting inside a restaurant that the lighter haired man knew they have never been in and his cousin wasn't the type to just try a restaurant out of the blue.

Restaurants needs to be a lot of things related to clean for Sakusa Kiyoomi to eat in.

"Just order, Komori."

"This looks great, really. But why, Kiyoomi, are we here?"

"I know the manager," was all his reply.

"That's it? You know the manager?"

He stared at him but Kiyoomi wouldn't even look at him. He just continued to stare at the menu. After some more time, they decided on what to order then Komori called the waiter. They told the waitress their orders but Kiyoomi added something more.

"Can I talk to your manager?"

"Uh, yeah, sure," the waiter walked away.

"Manager? Have you been here before?" Komori asked as he looked around. The place is like every other restaurant so why did he really bring him here?

"I know their manager."

That's it?

"Really, who?"

His cousin didn't reply but looked sideways and Komori followed his line of vision. And that was when he saw you.

"You know their manager, huh?" he asked teasingly.

You walked towards them with a confused face but still smiling.

"Kiyoomi, Komori!" you cheered, "What a surprise!"

"Sakura!"

Komori stood up and spread his arms, urging you to hug him. You happily did so. He smelled so good too, if you were to describe it poetically, he smelled like spring.

"You smell good, Komori."

"Really?"

Someone cleared his throat. It made the two hugging people look at him. Komori laughed as he let go of you.

Man, Kiyoomi is still as petty.

"As you can see, Kiyoomi hasn't changed," he commented and sat down.

You smiled, "So it seems." you replied and glanced at Kiyoomi, "But welcome! You've placed orders already, right?"

"Yeah."

"Great! It'll be ready in about 10 minutes and if there's any concerns, please call for me. Okay, bye."

It was awkward.

For you.

The two men weren't bothered with everybody's stare but you were. You like being holed up in your office as you manage the restaurant, only occasionally going out. It was uncomfortable.