XV

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚏 𝚒 𝚏 𝚝 𝚎 𝚎 𝚗

༒︎ 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 ༒︎

"Wait," Komori said and waved his hands. "You're finally together?"

"Yes," you squealed and jumped a little, "wait, finally?"

Out of excitement, Komori lightly punched Kiyoomi on the shoulder. "Man, I never thought you had it in you. And I said finally because this guy had been crushing on you for a while now. I was starting to think that he didn't want to date you even if he gets super-"

"Okay, that's enough Komori," Kiyoomi knew what he was about to say. He was about to eat him out on being petty and possessive.

"No," Komori grinned, "I deserve this and plus, you wouldn't dare hurt me in front of your girlfriend."

"You—" Kiyoomi pulled out his little alcohol spray and was ready to spray the crap out of Komori but you interrupted their short banter.

"Let's be nice, Kiyoomi, he was telling me something about you, I want to hear more!" You sounded so excited and curious that with an annoyed face and a huff, he put the alcohol back to his pocket.

Komori always knew that Kiyoomi is whipped for you but actually seeing it in real life and the fact that you two are already together, he can't help but ask you to be his bodyguard against Kiyoomi.

"Please, be my bodyguard against this grump," he said seriously.

"What? No." Kiyoomi was quick to refuse.

You laughed at the request, "I'll do what I can, Komori."

"THANK YOU!"

"But you were saying?" You wondered what was the end of his sentence earlier. You wanted to know whatever you can about your boyfriend.

"He gets super jealous!"

"Oh?" You were actually surprised to hear that. You assumed that he isn't one to be jealous but guess what.

Kiyoomi quickly looked away, embarrassed.

"All those time he's rude? Yup, he was just annoyed when you were all buddy-buddy with others."

"I thought you didn't like me, actually," you said as you looked at him. "You always had a scowl on or a frown when you talk to me."

"Well, you're too likeable," he mumbled.

"Is that so?" You grinned at him and he looked away again.

"Him being shy will never get old," Komori commented.

"You must be really enjoying this, don't you?" Kiyoomi glared at Komori.

"Of course," he replied, "but Sakura, meeting the parent right after being officially together, huh? Are you nervous?"

"I don't want to talk about it because I get more nervous."

"You'll be fine!"

"You think so?"

A phone rang and disrupted the silence.

It was Kiyoomi's mother. He answered it, not really caring if he interrupted the conversation.

"Hello," he greeted.

"Hey, sweetie, I've been stuck in traffic for 7 minutes now, I just want to check in if you two don't have any plans and our dinner is still on?"

"Yeah, why do you think we have plans?"

"Dear, I know you're a little hard to get along but I assumed that you have friends!"

His mouth formed a thin line as a sign of his growing annoyance. "I didn't mean it like that, mom. I meant, why do you think we have plans if we already agreed to dinner with you."

His mother laughed and said, "Well, you never really have any plans with friends as much as I would like you to."

Ignoring that, Kiyoomi said, "There's someone joining us."

You flinched when you heard him say that. Sweat was starting to roll down the side of your face as your grip on your other hand tightened.

"Oh, who? Your captain? A teammate?"

"My girlfriend."

At that sentence, your heart dropped. You have the habit of holding onto something if you were ever nervous which cause you to subconsciously, almost as if part of your habit was naturally to annoy Kiyoomi, you reached your hand to Komori.

Kiyoomi's other hand is on your waist and his other is holding his phone. That's why your hand slowly held Komori's arm who was in front of you.

Komori paled.

Your boyfriend quickly let go of your waist and snatched your hands from Komori's arm. He stood beside Komori and led you by that hand to his other side. As if shielding you from his cousin. He then settled your hand on his arm.

He mouthed, "no," to you.

'Oh, so this is the jealous side.'

"GIRLFRIEND?"

"Yes, mom, I said girlfriend."

"I can't meet her there, in front of your school! Absolutely not!"

"What?" A hint of frustration laced his face which made you worry. You gripped his arm tighter that he can't help but notice. He glanced at you and then back at facing forward with an intense frown on his face. "What do you mean by not meeting her?"

"I don't want to meet your first girlfriend in that way! It has to be special and memorable!"

His frown morphed into a straight face. "That's silly."

You tapped his arm continuously because you were dying of curiosity and nervousness as you wait for any update.

"She doesn't want to meet you in front of the school," he stated.

You beamed instantly with happiness. You assumed it was because she was a strict mother who doesn't want anyone dating his son this early. But even if it silly to him, it was a relief to you.

"We're eating in a restaurant, right? Let me meet her there!" You suggested which was happily accepted.

"Okay. Mom, you heard that, right?"

A squeal rang from the phone, "She sounds so sweet and kind!"

"I know. Goodbye."

Putting his phone back in his pocket, he looked at you. "Are you sure you want to delay meeting her right away? You seemed really nervous."

"That's okay! She sounds so fun that it is actually comforting."

Excitement filled your senses as you imagined how it would be meeting his mother.

"Wait, I have to call our neighbors," you excused yourself and walked a bit.

"Dude, you good?" Komori asked. "Doesn't all of this still feels surreal? Did you even have time to process this?"

"I already have. What else is there to think of? She's my girlfriend, she's mine the same way I'm hers."

"You sound a little too happy saying she's yours. I'm telling you, you're on your way for borderline yandere behavior!"

Komori still can not, absolutely can not, get enough of teasing his cousin's jealousy tendencies.

Earlier, you stopped him. But now, with you busy with your phone, no one stopped him from spraying rubbing alcohol at his cousin.

"Kiyoomi, no!"

[Kiyoomi, yes!]

(Hello, thanks for over 5k reads. The rankings range from #12 to #17 in the tag 'sakusa' and #5 to #6 in the tag 'sakusakiyoomi' and it does feel proud to see my book there. You all have my gratitude!

If you'd like, please do vote, comment, and share!)