XII

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚝 𝚠 𝚎 𝚕 𝚟 𝚎

シ︎ 𝐸𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑔𝑦 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑠 シ︎

"Kiyoomi!" you called to the taller man. You were in front of a convenience store nearby, and he went out to get you.

Yes, yes, he did.

After school, you quickly went to the said convenience store to buy energy bars. Today was the day you could finally watch him, the guy you liked very much, practicing.

Speaking of him, he was now in front of you, practically looming. He didn't catch you when the bell signaling the end of classes because you dashed out right away. He texted you, and you said you were in the convenience store.

And that's why he went out of his way to get you.

"Sakura," he greeted.

"Kiyoomi," you smiled at the man, "you really didn't have to."

"But I did. Get over it."

You laughed a bit. "Yes, yes, you did."

"Let's go," he said and turned around. With no more seconds to waste, you two began to walk back to the school.

"Wouldn't you be late?" you asked.

"No, there's an hour interval between the end of classes and the start of practice."

"That's practical," you replied, "energy bar?" You offered him one.

"You bought how many energy bars?"

"13," you replied, "there's a sale and I know the owner of that store, I have a discount. I knew that kid who gave me the discount when she was still young. Oh, how time flies.""

He looked at you, "You sound like a middle aged lady," he bluntly comments to which you replied with a grin.

He accepted the bar and tucked it in his pockets.

You both started to talk to each other comfortably. A topic from the previous topic is made and it just seemed never ending. Not that any of you mind. You two were finally at that point where there's no pressure anymore to keep the conversation going, it just flows.

You both cherishes these simple times.

"So," you started, "do you..."

You thought you'd already mustered enough courage to ask him about that but turns out you still couldn't.

There was a rumor around the school that Sakusa Kiyoomi likes someone. Apparently, when Namiku Masaru asked Kiyoomi if he likes you, someone heard it. However, there was no name, and the one who heard didn't know who Masaru was. The rumour lacked details but it gathered attention nonetheless because it's Sakusa, the pretty germaphobe.

You heard of it, of course, and it bugged you all day long. Your insides twisted in an unruly way whenever you thought if Sakusa with someone else. And you really thought you'd gathered the courage to ask that yet here you are, still hesitant and stuttering to get the words out of your head and voice it out.

You're already entering the school gate and you still didn't ask him. You kept trying but keeps trailing off.

Truthfully, Sakusa was getting annoyed.

"What is it, Sakura?"

You heard the annoyance in his words and flinched. You sighed, you thought its 'now or never' because later on, you'd be surrounded by people and after that, you know you're going to think about it a lot.