XXVI

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚝 𝚠 𝚎 𝚗 𝚝 𝚢 𝚜 𝚒 𝚡

♔︎𝑘𝑜𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑖♔︎

"Sorry? For what exactly?"

He opened his mouth and closed it again, this went on until you sighed deeply.

"I have a lot of things to apologize for. But most of all, I'm sorry for being selfish."

Not once did he ever look up to see your face. He was never good with words so he really was debating on what to say and how to say it.

"I was selfish and I walked away. We ended in bad terms and that's why we're now here, too conflicted on what to do," he said after a couple of minutes of the recurring silence. The only way to know is to talk. This was also the way for him to finally be at peace.

You two needed to talk.

"I'm sorry for everything."

You covered your mouth and let your tears flow freely. Your voice comes put in faint whimpers. Memories of that night came rushing back and the image of him crying resurfaced.

After saying that, he finally looked up only to see you crying rivers.

Even before, whenever you cry, he was always unsure on what to do so he ends up just hugging you. But now, he can't do that.

Fate was one playful mistress.

He pulled out his water bottle from his backpack and offered it to you.

The action which stirred feelings inside for the first time ever. He was thankful for this small exchange ever since he leaned that it was what brought you to him in the first place.

Now, he's doing it again.

His arm was still reaching out to her and she wiped the tears on the her cheeks and grinned. As you received the bottle, you laughed softly.

"This is so special that it's funny," you commented.

"I'm... glad?" he asked hesitantly.

You drank from his bottle and calmed yourself down. You seem to do it (calming yourself down) a lot of times this day.

After drinking, you held on it tighter and breathed in and out.

"I'm sorry for hurting you. I never meant to do that but I'm not sorry for the decision I made. We had to move," you started, "years passed since then and my mother finally looked more happy. I love how she looked when we settled in."

Kiyoomi might felt bitter if he heard this before but now he was genuinely happy for your family. He's not that petty to hold deciding for your family against you. The decision was someone that you would do. He have always like your caring personality.

"That's good to hear. How are your brothers?"

"Itsuki continued playing volleyball. Aito is more of a gamer. Kou-kun teaches Itsuki how to play it at first but he's quite good. Speaking of Kou-kun, how did you two came together?"

"I decided I wanted you back," he said and you blushed, he was too honest. "I'm quite ashamed it took this long," he mumbled, "I knew you moved to Miyagi and Hinata was from there. I found out that he was your cousin's teammate so I asked him to contact his senpai."

"You asked him? Nicely?"

"What kind of person do you think I am? Of course, I asked him nicely. But your cousin didn't reply to him, I later on found out that he had a tough week. Anyway, Hinata and I went to Miyagi."

He went but Hinata went home. They had a free time so he badly wanted to come home to Miyagi. He contacted Daichi and asked for Sugawara. Daichi was so happy that Hinata went home, he was proud of that boy who was once struggling to receive. They had a small reunion last night and Sugawara agreed to help him meet you.

Koushi saw how broken you were. You vented out everything to him. It hurt him seeing his cousin cry. He only saw Kiyoomi once before when you video called him but he knew you had a wonderful relationship. And an end to that meant pain and suffering to you two. He took pity on Kiyoomi and that's why he decided. He was also nervous about your reaction but he took a risk and he was also curious what will happen, he's bold. Koushi may be calm and caring but he had a side to him that Daichi never really trusts.

"I met him before, he's a really nice guy."

"I'm fond of Hinata but he's too loud sometimes."

You smiled, that was the best compliment he could say. He always starts out sweet but ends up with a complaint or the other way around if he talks about his friends.

"Well, back on the topic, I was about to fall over in surprise seeing you, Kiyoomi. Kou-kun must have been being devilish again and wanted to surprise me."

He just nodded.

Now you were back to just looking around.

"Why dis you come back here?"

You chuckled, "I was asked to transfer to manage a store. My mom and I took our time getting over this, it was so funny."

You smiled as you thought back.

"I actually wanted to reach out to you," you said and played with the bottle in your hand, "I wanted to call you but I wasn't sure if you wanted to talk to me. I was too scared to try. Well, you probably changed phones since then but still. I realized that I will not play a role in your life anymore so I decided to not take steps to meet you. Chances of running into you was low. Oh, but I did see you last Saturday!"

"Really? Where?"

"This clothing store."

Kiyoomi furrowed his brows and tried to remember the events of that day.

"Were you that person who was staring at me from far away?"

"Huh?"

"I remember that there was a person who stood quite far from me and was just staring at me. I only saw you from the corner of my eye because I didn't want to face you if you were really a fangirl. I don't want to interact with them if I don't have to."

"Oh," you realized that you must have looked creepy and weird, you laughed it off after thinking about it.

"Well, I am your fangirl so that's like half true."

He blushed.

It was always your compliments that make his heart beat fast.

"Oh? You're so red, Kiyoomi," you teased.

He fake coughed and looked away.

It seems that finally seeing him made certain feelings resurface.