VII

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚜 𝚎 𝚟 𝚎 𝚗

✈︎𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙✈︎

"I don't care."

Your hands were on his and he was so close to your face. His dark eyes are piercing through you, and you felt your face grew warmer.

"You d-don't care?"

"No, I don't."

"Cool," you awkwardly replied as you looked away. "I'm glad you're opening up to me."

Instead of just acting like nothing happened, Kiyoomi laughed at your reaction. He loves just how unexpected you are. He thought that you'd be a stuttering mess but you weren't.

His laugh added up to your embarassment. You didn't know what to do. It was such an awkward and tense situation that put your mind in a mess.

"If you're really unsure if you're clean," he sqid and let go of your hand and took something out of his pocket, "sanitize your hand."

He opened the little hand sanitizer and poured enough on your hand. You spread it around both of your palm, then between your fingers, and then at the back of your hand.

You were really confused as to why this is happening.

After you finished, you smiled and showed him your hands. This was your attempt to turn the awkward air around.

"Clean!" you cheered.

He intertwined his left hand with your right. It was a sudden action but you swore your heart skipped a beat.

'Oh, my God! Oh, my God!' Was the only thing on your mind.

"Now, will you not be worried if I'm okay with you touching me?"

You couldn't say anything because it seemed like something was stuck in your throat. Probably, your heart because you are extremely nervous.

You nodded as he turned away. He was leading you by your hand out of the building.

Questions swirled i side your head. Why was he holding your hand? Are your hands sweaty? Is he uncomfortable holding your hand for long? Will the students you passed think you're together?

You were now walking towards the volleyball gym in steady steps. Which were ironic because your heart and his were far from steady. You wanted to ask him about what just happened but you're afraid that might cause more awkwardness. All you want right now is for you to be able to talk normally with him.

Until you came along an old congratulatory message on the bulletin board you just passed. It was for a tournament they recently joined.

"Do you have any tournaments soon?"

"Yes, interhigh."

"Oh, good luck." You lifted up a fist for symbolism.

"Thank you. Will you come and watch?"

"Would that happen on a school day?"

He nodded, "but if we win the inter high tournament, we'd be going to inter high nationals. That's on a weekend, usually."

"So," you squinted your eyes, "this inter high tournament, you'll be up against other high schools in Tokyo? Then on the Inter High Nationals, against other high school who won the tournament in their prefecture?"