XIV

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚏 𝚘 𝚞 𝚛 𝚝 𝚎 𝚎 𝚗

𖠌𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒𖠌

[ the events in this chapter may be unrealistic or cheesy or unrealistically cheesy but please note that I have never confessed to or been confessed to someone so I really don't how that works out but I have seen and read more than my share of romantic movies and books so I just thought of that (•̀ᴗ•́)و happy reading! ]

"Uh," your mouth were slightly opened and you're frozen on your spot as you stared at the blank expression of Sakusa Kiyoomi. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Let's have dinner."

"With you? And like, your mother?"

"Yes."

You went quiet. The faint sounds of crickets and random insects' noises were almost deafening for your as you tried to process what he just said.

You blinked and blinked.

This man never fails to surprise you in the most bizarre ways.

"WHAT!?"

"It's already night, Sakura, lower your voice."

"Y, you can't expect me to be all okay when you drop a bomb on me! I'M PANICKING!"

He never saw this side of you. He saw you multiple times panicking, but he never saw you being vocal about it.

"Relax. You got me to like you, my mom would be a piece of cake."

You cupped your face with both of your hands. Looking down, you said, "We never get to talked about that."

Kiyoomi looked away, blushing.

For a few moments, nobody said anything until a chorus of footsteps was heard. Shoes were squeaking against the neat gym floor accompanied by mumbles.

Sakusa took your hand gently and led you away from the gym's entrance. Thinking that he probably doesn't want to be interrupted again, you let him. He stopped by the school's gate. There is this huge tree there, on the side of the pathway towards the school.

Under it is where you two stood. Awkwardly.

You don't know where you stand in his life now. Before, you were unsure of you two were friends and then after some time, you were sure. When you thought that it was already a stable thing, this confession thing happens. You scrunched your face in confusion. The silence made way for you to think.

"Sakura." Sakusa breathed in and out deeply. He composed himself in the past few moments because he doesn't want to wait anymore.

He doesn't want to leave things as they are because it will probably cause you two to be awkward and worse, avoid each other. He doesn't want that.

Another thing that helped him have courage is what Atsumu said. He knows he's a handful, when he said that he'll steal you away, it isn't really impossible. He can't deny the possibility.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

In some way, it felt very Sakusa-like to you. Just straight to the point.

He was looking straight at you. His black eyes slightly trembling and bright red contrasted with your dark surroundings. You glanced at his hand and it was in a form of fists.