VI

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚜 𝚒 𝚡

☜︎︎︎ 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑 ☞︎︎︎

You and Sakusa spent the whole day stealing glances from the other. Throughout your classes, Sakusa would  quickly glance at you whenever the teacher cracks a joke, hoping to catch you smiling and laughing. You, on the other hand, would glance at him whenever you see or hear your teacher mention something that reminds you of him (once, your teacher mentioned 'masks,' and you immediately glanced at him).

That moment made you two grow a feet closer. From acquaintance, to friends, and now, it feels like you were friends friends. A feeling of ease when you two talk is a very great thing, especially for people who awkwardly like each other.

After class, Sakusa approached you.

You and Yuna — who sits in front of you — were shocked by the tall guy standing by your table. He already had his mask out but it was pulled under his chin.

"Oya, the germaphobe," Yuna stated as she stared at him confusedly. That was until she remembered that he also likes you. She noticed it earlier but decided to not tell you because you two liking each other without knowing seems fun.

"Kiyoomi," you greeted and smiled, "do you need anything?"

"You're going to post the posters today, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am! Soon, you'll have a manager and your workload will be lessened especially—"

He cut you off before you could ramble about the importance of the manager position. He knows that you're quite talkative and even if he could listen to you talk all day, you actually don't have all day.

"I'll assist you."

"No." You waved your hands as a gesture of refusal. "You don't have to! Your practice!"

"Komori will tell the coach. Come."

He pulled his mask up and walked away.

"Rude," Yuna commented.

"That's just how he is," you gathered your things and waved Yuna goodbye.

Sakusa waited for you outside the classroom. He started walking when he saw you and you quickly followed him.

"Let's go to Rina-sensei first. I think that she printed the posters already."

He only hummed in response.

You think of what you could possibly talk about but thought of nothing. You decided to once again steal a glance but now that you're side by side, walking, you saw the height difference.

"Wow, Kiyoomi, you really are tall. How tall are you?"

"189 cm."

"Is that, like the average height among volleyball players?"

"More or less.

"Are you proud of your height?"

"Not really."

"I heard that height is a really helpful factor in volleyball."

"Yeah."

He was giving such short answers that it made you a little embarrassed. It looked like you were forcing a conversation on him. You thought that you had become closer but it seemed like the only thing that has changed is what you call each other.