14-B

"When I was 16, my mom got severely ill. Doctor said, it's because of her hard work and less nutrition. We didn't have money to treat her. To say how much I hate her, even after knowing everything....after knowing she has become like this because of me and my brother, I never even felt any pain for her illness. Not even for a once. My brother cried every day. He worked hard and earned money to treat mom. Actually, being the elder, I should have been the one to work and earn money but I was so busy comparing myself with others. So, my little brother did it for me, without even a single complain"

He sighed heavily.

'Why this is hurting so much?'

I felt a huge pain in my heart.

Both of us are crying.

Silently.

"After some days of suffering.....my mom......she died"

He said something which I wanted to hear the least at the moment.

I looked at his eyes.

The eyes which used to fill with a sparkling glow, now has turned to dark. A painful dark.

I made my shaky hand to his hand and held his hand tightly.

"To be truthful, I loved it. Her death"

As soon as I heard those words, I felt something that I couldn't bring into words.

'Is it hate for him? Or did I pity him?'

I don't know.

"It was until when our neighbor said something that I've never imagined of. Her words changed my whole world. It filled my whole soul with anger, hate and frustration. For myself"

My hand is shaking.

His words hurt me so much.

With each word he spoke, the pain and the burden in my heart had increased.

I took my hand away from him. To calm myself.

"Hana, do you know what she said?"

He looked at my eyes.

The look at his eyes at that moment, it couldn't be brought into words.

The helplessness, sadness in his eyes......it broke myself million times more.

Whatever, he might be going to say, I knew it was not something which I can bear to hear of.

I was afraid. To listen.

To listen to him.