41| What have you done?

Start from the beginning

"You'll never do wrong in my eyes, Angel." I secretly smile behind my hair.

I look up and see us pulling into a large stoned driveway. When I say large, I mean fucking huge! This place looks like Buckingham Palace. Something so huge for so little people, I would never like to live in such a huge house with no one to fill it.

I'd feel lonely.

I couldn't imagine how Grayson felt growing up there, always being alone after his sister. No one to talk to or play with. No one to comfort or support you.

Having no one to go to.

Oh Grayson.

"This is it." Grayson says bitterly.

I squeeze his hand letting him know I'm here if he needs me.

"We're in this together." I remind him. He looks over to me and nods his head.

"Okay, come on." We get out of the car and meet half way where our hands join again.

His hands grips mine tightly, his jaw cleaned as we step closer towards the doors. I rub my thumb across his rough knuckles watching as he takes in a deep breath, knocks on the door and lets it out.

The big door opens revealing a man, who must be in his late fifties, wearing black trousers and blazer and a white shirt. Just like a butter he greets Grayson with a small bow.

I scrunch my face up at the action. Grayson nods his head towards the man and steps in pulling me closely behind him. I go to thank the man but when I turn around I see him already out of sight.

"He's forbidden to speak to anyone." Grayson says lowly beside me.

"What do you mean?" I ask utterly confused why such a thing is forbidden.

"None of the staff are allowed to speak to a guest or house members. My father wouldn't allow it, when I was a child I tried to make friends with them, having no else to talk to. They were either kicked out or killed." I stare at Grayson as he tells me the sorry with a straight face.

I can already see the walls building up again. I reply a small 'oh'. Grayson begins to walk and  again pulls me with him. We walk up, way to many stairs that my lungs complain of lack of oxygen. We come to a stop at a white french doors with gold handles. Grayson knocks lightly on the door before opening it a crack, looking into the room.

I stand behind Grayson, his large figure making it impossible to see anything beyond him. I briefly glance around the eerie hallways before snapping my head back towards the room when I hear a soft voice call out.

"Come in." Grayson tugs my hand forward into the room. I stay close to Grayson, shutting the door softly behind me. I look around the room, white walls with a mural just above the bed. Blue Butterfly's flying across the wall beautifully.

The king sized bed is covered with grey sheets with a crazy amount of decorative pillows placed perfectly on the bed.

"Grayson, dear. You came." I turn to the voice. Grayson's mother, sits at a desk that's facing a large window with an easel out I front of her. Her dark brown hair is tied into a loose fishtail that's falls down her back. Her eyes, like Grayson's, are an unique shade of green shinning in the sun that's bounces off of the window.

She grins at Grayson, smile lines covering her sun kissed skin. Grayson releases my hand to embrace his mothers small frame. I smile at how gentle and caring Grayson is as he wraps his arms around her body, practically bending himself in half because of the height difference.

"It's good to see you, mum." He kisses her on her cheek softly.

She smiles up at him, caressing his cheek. "It's good to see you to, honey. You look thinner. Have you been eating three meals?" She looks over his body with worry.