20|Try Not To Get Killed

Nova's POV

"You've got be kidding me." I say under my breath as we step into the big hall.

"Smile, Angel." Grayson's arms tightens against my waist as we move around the crowed.

"When you went over the plan, this is not what I had in mind." I whisper shout.

"I think it's cute." Eva giggles. I shoot her a glare as she takes a glass of champagne and winks at me. "Good luck." She mouths as she walks off giggling.

Grayson pulls me aside, our bodies flush together. I place my hand on his shirt covered chest as he looks down at me. "I happen to like the sound of Mrs, Blackwell." He smirks, his eyes filled with humour.

"I'm sure you do. Don't get your hopes up." I smooth down his black tie that hangs loosely around his neck.

"Never say never, Angel." He grins, his hands sliding down my dress lightly grazing my ass.

I reach behind me to grab his hands, taking them into mine I lean up to his ear and whisper, "in your dreams, Blackwell." I lightly kiss below his ear, feeling him tense up against me.

"How'd you know?" He whispers, taking my chin and looking into my eyes.

"Aw, what a lovely couple." Our heads snap to the side seeing a couple who look to be in there early thirties, a small child standing beside them.

I laugh awkwardly pulling myself away from Grayson. "Oh no-

"Thank you, recently engaged." Grayson interrupts me, his hand wrapping around my waist pulling me flush against him.

I look up at him with a stern look as he winks at me before plastering on his million dollar smile at the couple In front of us. "Yes, it was such a surprise." I say, flashing a fake smile at them.

"How lovely. How did he propose?" The lady asks, now walking closer to us.

"Honey, why don't you tell them?" I look up at Grayson as he flashes me a small glare as I smile smugly at him.

"Well..." he sighs, looking down at me. His green eyes boring into mine. He smiles softly at me as he begins to talk. "I took her to Italy, her favourite country, took her on a boat to watch the sunset, giving her flowers and her favourite meal. Just as the sun began to set, I got down on one knee and asked her to be my forever." He says his eyes on mine the entire time, creating goosebumps on my skin.

He flashed them a smile, turning his head away from my gaze. My heart beats wildly in my chest as my stomach flutters crazily. It's hard to wrap my head around the idea he just said, he got everything correct, my favourite country and food and flowers. I can't help but imagine if he was mine forever. Always waking up next to his messy hair and raspy voice. Watching him laugh or smile at me even when I'm screaming at him, only for him to call me hot. It's a comforting thought but also one that has sadness seeping into me because I know it will never happen and I don't how how that makes me feel.

No feelings.

I shake my head from the thoughts and turn back to the couple who have started a conversation with Grayson as I was stuck in my own world. I look around and spot our target by the bar, laughing with a male as she spikes his drink without him looking. I nudge Grayson who looks at me and then to the bar.

"I'm sorry, if you'll excuse us." Grayson smiles at the couple and we hastily make our way over to the bar.

"Omg! I haven't seen you in forever!" I cheer coming in between the two. Clementine glares at me as the man looks at me curiously. "Well don't just stand there! Introduce me to your man." I wave my hand 'accidentally' knocking over his drink.