Christmas Tiding's from the Snape's

December 25th, 1996

"Too bad he only gave us enough for one night".

~

Christmas Day was always a big event for the Weasley's. Molly made sweaters for all the kids, now mostly adult kids, and listening to Celestina Warbeck on the radio. Christmas lunch went by swiftly, with a surprise visit from Percy and the Minister. An owl came shortly after lunch, addressed to Hecate. This brought on a bought of confused looks by everyone, not including the Twins or Remus. Hecate placed the package in her lap, not opening it in front of anyone. She got up, excusing herself quietly, and moving to the front area just outside the front door. She brushed the ledge off with her sleeve and sat down. She slowly unwrapped the package, making sure nothing would fall out. A letter and a book. Moste Potente Potions. She flipped the inside cover open and looked at the inside cover. It was a first edition copy, signed by the author. She closed the cover to open the letter next. 

Hecate finished the letter, and it was promptly grabbed out of her hand

Hecate finished the letter, and it was promptly grabbed out of her hand. "Hey!" She stood up, watching Remus, the grabber, reading her letter. "Are you going?" He spoke quietly, allowing Hecate to grab the letter back, stuffing the letter into the front of the new book. "Am I allowed?" She huffed, crossing her arms in front of her. He shrugged, "You're an adult. You're allowed to do whatever you want". Of course, he was giving her the runaround, not wanted to tell her he didn't want her to go visit. "I bought him a present too, I should go and give it to him". She wrapped her arms around herself now, the cold air hitting her. "I'll go in a few hours, spend some time here first". Remus nodded, walking back into the house with Hecate in tow.

~

As Hecate told Remus she waited until right before dinner to announce her departure. She told them she was visiting a friend, which caused the Twins to laugh to themselves. She grabbed the present that Severus gave her, and his present from her, and disapparated once out the door. She landed in Spinner's End and walked swiftly to Severus' house. She looked around a bit, before knocking. The door pulled open, no one behind it. She stepped inside, kicking her feet off and taking off her shoes. "Severus?" She called into the house. A faint "Kitchen", rang out, so that was the first place she headed.

The smell of a spaghetti dinner hit her nose the closer she got to the kitchen. She walked in, looking at Severus. He had his hair pulled back, and his sleeves pushed up to his elbows. He wasn't in school robes, instead sporting loose black slacks, and a loose black sweatshirt, of course, with suspenders. She set down his present on the table and raked her eyes up and down him. "Smells good". She commented, rolling up her own sleeves. She moved behind him, wrapping her arms slowly around his waist. She placed a kiss on his back. "Do you want help?" she asked him, resting her chin on him. He shook his head, "No, I want to make you dinner". She shrugged and released him, moving over to sit at the table. He waved his hand lazily, a wine glass placing itself in front of her, and a floating bottle of wine pouring into it.