He picked the perfect spot on the wall where he would arrange the polaroids in a heart shape. Starting with ones that dated all the way back to when Taehyung didn't even know how Jungkook looked. The first picture was the one Taehyung had sent to Jungkook when they had texted for the third or fourth time. It was the first time the younger had seen how Taehyung looked. The second picture was the first picture Jungkook had sent to Taehyung: of him in the gym. Only in this one, his face wasn't covered by a heart. Except these two, all the other pictures were of both of them together: from when Taehyung didn't know Jungkook was 'Kookie', to the ones from when Jungkook had revealed himself to Taehyung, to their first date and everything after that.

|10:00 p.m.|

It took Jungkook an hour to arrange the polaroids and stick them on the wall. Then, he finished off the look by bordering the heart with a string of fairy lights. As he closely inspected the picture formation, he couldn't help but feel a sense of pride rise within his chest at how far they had come. Really, they had gone through everything together for the past not two, but three years! The additional one year being the one where they had been only friends. He scanned himself from the first picture from three years ago, to the last one from three days ago and marvelled at how he had grown so much with Taehyung by his side. The fact that they were going to grow old together gave him an indescribable feeling of excitement. Almost as if nothing could be better than growing old with the love of his life.

He shook his head, reminding himself that he needed to get back to work. He only had a couple of hours left before the big moment. 

Being caught up in the whole proposal preparation, he couldn't have forgotten the fact that it was their anniversary too. Therefore, he had previously decided too hang up helium balloons that spelled 'HAPPY ANNIVERSARY'. But then, he realised that balloons would totally ruin the aesthetic he was going for. So instead, he hung up a cursive joined letter light that spelled the same in a warm white colour, matching the fairy lights around the heart of pictures. 

Once he was done with that, he took a quick ten minute break and sat on his chair, trying to think about what he was going to say to Taehyung. He knew the older loved long speeches when it came to things like such.  He had been doing those since the very beginning. And honestly, he loved them too. Therefore, if not everything, he at least wanted to come up with points on what he wanted to say. But, as usual, he failed and resorted on just speaking his heart out when the time came.

After his short break, he decided it was time for him to go get the rings Jimin had hopefully, sneakily left in the bathroom. Leaving them in there for so long could have been a risk, yes. But he knew Taehyung rarely used the guest bathroom, he only used the one in their room. So, there was nothing to worry about.

He softly opened the door, trying his best not to make a single sound. There really would be nothing suspicious about him leaving his room to use the washroom, but he couldn't let Taehyung even catch a glimpse of his room. So, the best way to do this was to not even let the older know he had left it.

Fortunately for him, Jimin and Taehyung were busy playing some video game and the sound of the game and their screams were loud enough to draw out the sound of a door opening and closing. Therefore, he tip-toed to the guest bathroom, slowly opened the door and searched for the two velvet boxes. After a couple of seconds, he found them tucked between a pile of towels. 

He sighed. At least Jimin had hidden them carefully. 

He took the boxes, tucked them into his pocket and successfully got into his room again. As soon as he closed the door behind him, he opened both the boxes and admired the matching engagement rings. He hadn't seen them since that day in the café.