56. Safe

|11:00 p.m.|

"Yes mom, I'll get the stuff. Yes I'll be careful. Love you too, bye." Taehyung stuffed his phone in his pocket, put his hood over his head and walked out of his apartment complex. His mother had sent him to buy some urgent groceries which would be needed the next morning.

He walked on the sidewalk, with his hands in his pockets and let his eyes shut for a brief second to inhale the polluted yet familiar air of Seoul. It was finally getting a little warmer, but the nights were always cool, so he sighed when he felt a chilly breeze around him. He had always enjoyed going for walks, especially during the night, when the sun was down and the city was quiet.

After about 15 minutes he was done paying and headed out of the store. He had to walk a little further today since the shop next to his house was already closed. As he stepped out, he noticed a man leaning on the store's glass. The man wore all black and had a hood over his head too, one that was too low and hid his eyes and nose so only his mouth was visible. The comfortable breeze had died down now and it was dead silent. Taehyung gulped at the uneasiness he felt, he thought the man was staring at him, but was not sure. It was when he saw the man's lips twist into a cunning smirk that he abruptly turned and started walking.

In the direction opposite to his house.

He mentally face palmed himself when he realized what he had done and looked behind to see if the man was still creepily smirking like that. When he did turn, he felt his heart jump into his throat. The man had started walking behind him. He was close, not more than 10 feet away. He instinctively started walking faster, but not too fast. He didn't want the man to get suspicious. 

Taehyung's mind ran a thousand miles per hour as he thought of ways to avoid the man and get safe. He then suddenly looked up, realizing something. He had gone to a grocery store next to the park he and Jungkook had been at a few nights ago. He was walking in the direction to Jungkook's house.

His sweaty, shaky hands quickly scrambled for his phone in his pocket and he texted Jungkook.

TaeBear✨💜 : Kook

Jungkookie💜💖: Yes babe?

TaeBear✨💜 : Kook someone's following me

Jungkookie💜💖: WHAT?!

ARE YOU SAFE?

WHERE ARE YOU?

TaeBear✨💜 : I'm fine for now but I feel really scared

I'm getting really bad vibes from him

Jungkookie💜💖: Where are you Tae?

TaeBear✨💜 : I was at a store next to the park, I'm walking towards your home

Jungkookie💜💖: Ok, I'm coming to get you

Don't worry okay

If he tries to do anything, just scream

This is not an isolated place, someone will listen to you

Is calling the police necessary?