57. Smitten

"Babe, you think this is edible?"

"Uh yeah. It's a little raw but edible, yes."

"Fine, edible, but you can't spread rock shit on a toast."

"Don't call food shit Tae."

"I called the rock shit."

"You're dumb." Jungkook snickered. 

"You are, asshole." Taehyung threw a crumbled piece of tissue paper at him.

"Ow! You're gonna be hungry if you hurt your man."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, "My man ain't weak enough to get hurt by a piece of paper." 

"Well, true." Jungkook smirked.

Taehyung threw another crumbled piece at him. Jungkook whined as he looked up at Tae with furrowed brows and a pout, "Tae!"

But that frown immediately melted into a big bunny smile when he saw Taehyung giggle like a child. Jungkook shook his head and dramatically sighed, "Lord save me for I am smitten."

"Ah you cheesy fuck." Taehyung lightly slapped his bicep.

"Kook it's been 40 minutes of you trying to make something as simple as an avocado toast."

"I'm sorry sir, but this is raw as fuck."

"Well, I don't care, I'm hungry."

Jungkook sighed in defeat as he looked at the green mess on his counter. It was the morning after the incident with the creepy man had taken place. Taehyung and Jungkook had dropped off the groceries Mrs. Kim needed about an hour back and were now back at Jungkook's house to make a healthy breakfast. Jungkook thought the easiest thing to cook was an avocado toast; healthy and something both of them liked. But the avocado was raw and bitter, and hard. It wouldn't spread at all. And now, Jungkook was too tired after trying for so long.

"Are you eating last night's pizza Tae?"

"Oh heck yes." Taehyung answered with a smile, grabbing a slice and shoving it in his moth, not even bothering to heat it. 

"Here." He handed a slice to Jungkook.

"At least warm it up."

"Nah, there's something else about eating cold pizza Jeon." 

Jungkook rolled his eyes but took a bite anyway as he followed Taehyung to his living room.

"So much for healthy food." Jungkook mumbled and frowned like a child when he heard Taehyung snort.

"I promise I'll get you ripe avocados tomorrow." Taehyung kissed his nose on seeing his frown.

Jungkook smiled as they sat on the couch.

Though these two had stupid banters and arguments as such regularly because they were so close as even bestfriends, neither of them failed to cheer the other up when they felt down. It was a good balance, that's what made their relationship work. 

|12:30 p.m.|

"It's hot today."

"I know."

"I'm sweating."

"Me too."

"Why do we have a blanket over us again?"

"Because you wanted to cuddle?"

"Let's just cuddle without this then." Taehyung said as he threw the blanket away from their tangled bodies lying on the couch to the floor next to the TV.