meant for each other

above: ev's engagement ring :')

________

She said yes. Evelynn O'Connor finally agreed to marry me.

Me.

I'm marrying the girl of my dreams. My mom had come to London to celebrate the occasion. She picked us all up at the airport when we returned from LA. I told her that was unnecessary but she insisted.

She had basically been glued to Evelynn's hip. She was so excited about Evelynn being her daughter in law that it was almost making me feel like she forgot I was her son. But, at the end of the day, I'm thankful that my mom wants to spend so much time with Ev. She never wanted to see Ara much and I probably should have taken that as a warning sign.

"Hey Harry, we said we wanted early October for a wedding date right?" Evelynn asked me from the couch and I nodded my head. Evelynn had been talking with a friend of hers from school who was also a wedding planner. I convinced Evelynn not to plan our wedding entirely on her own because she should enjoy the process as well and not feel like it's work. She was hesitant but ended up agreeing to that.

So, she was half planning it and half leaving it up to our wedding planner, which was a nice thing to see. Evelynn's parents were also flying into London in a few nights because she wants them to meet my parents as well. That was going to be an interesting event to witness.

Today Ev was sending me to look at a couple different potential venues, which was funny because the last time I was looking at wedding venues, Ev was the one showing them to me as my wedding planner.

"Hey baby?" I asked Evelynn once she was off the phone. "Yes?" She asked, walking over to me and grinning ear to ear. "Are you sure you don't want to come look at wedding venues too?" I asked her and she nodded her head. "You know I would love nothing more, but I have that dress appointment this afternoon. I have to make it." She said and I nodded my head.

"So you trust my judgement then?" I asked her and Ev nodded. "I will always trust everything about you and your judgement." Evelynn smiled at me and I felt myself smile at her. "I love you." I said as I placed a gentle kiss on her lips. "I love you more." She whispered back.

________

"Jack, can you please give me the right directions?" I asked him as we tried to find our way to the first place Ev asked me to look at. "Look, I'm not a good navigator, okay? We should stop and ask where we are because I have no fucking clue." Jack said and I rolled my eyes, pulling over to the side of the road.

"Okay I'll go inside and ask this restaurant how to get to where we're going. Make sure nobody steals the car." I said and Jack rolled his eyes.

I walked into the restaurant totally prepared for people to freak out but it was pretty dead inside. A waitress came to the front counter and I stopped dead in my tracks. 

It wasn't just any waitress, it was Ara.

"Harry?" She asked in a surprised tone. "What are you doing here?" She asked, her tone calm and reasonable. I took a deep breath and remembered that even though we used to be together, it's been well over a year since I last saw Ara, so things should hopefully be a bit smoother.

"Believe it or not, I'm lost." I said, offering a friendly smile. Ara laughed. "Where are you headed? I know this area pretty well, I moved here a few months ago to be closer to home." Ara said and I showed her the address. "Oh, this is right by the coast. Take your next right turn and just keep driving, that should get you there." Ara explained.

"Thank you so much." I said and she nodded silently. Should I ask her how she's been? Fuck it.

"How are you?" I asked her and she shrugged. "Oh, you know. I've been fine. I'm in a good relationship and am part owner of this little place." She said, gesturing to the restaurant. "Wow, that's incredible. Congrats." I said and she smiled.