chapter fourty seven - christmas day

Fyi: the picture at the top is how I imagine the house they're all staying in to be like :)...also idk how they do it everywhere else in the world but basically at Christmas for me, 'Santa' will give you your stocking filled with chocolate and sweets, a book or two, some tacky tiny toys, that kind of stuff and then presents under the tree are like from family and stuff; and yeah that's how I'm going to base this Christmas off.
ALSO LISTEN TO CHRISTMAS MUSIC WHILST READING THIS

Christmas music rang through the large house waking Maddie up with a yawn and a groan. Rolling over and stretching, she snuggled deeper into the blankets trying to recover some warmth from the night as snow fell gently outside. Pulling the blankets further up her head, something heavy was swept up in the swaddle of material, it felt like someone had dumped a pile of rocks on her feet! Sitting up confused, Maddie spotted a packed stocking sitting at the end of the bed with Loki curled up next to it (yes she had brought Loki with her...she couldn't have her first proper Christmas without him!) Careful not to wake up the sleeping mass of fur, Maddie prised the heavy stocking out from beneath the cat and gently poured the insides onto the bed. Jeez...she had never had this much stuff from Santa ever! You could even add everything up from all her previous Christmases at foster houses and you still wouldn't have this many presents! With Maddie's eyes shining in delight she attentively unwrapped all the gifts revealing candy that could feed her for a year, some new books, and some smaller gifts.
Maddie could hear the kids already running around in the hallways and could hear faint merry voices travelling up the side staircase from the kitchen so she decided to climb out of bed. With a massive smile on her face and  "Run Rudolph Run" floating throughout the house, Maddie danced across the room, jumped into the shower and then started getting ready for the day. She chucked on some black jeans and a chunky knit sweater quickly did her makeup and ran out her room. However, the minute Maddie was out the door, she collided with Willow and Avri.

"Omg I'm so sorry will!" Maddie squealed in shock as she had fully just collided with Willow holding Avri.
"Dudeeee you stepped on my toe!!!" Willow squawked hopping around trying not to drop the child in their arms.
"Merry Christmas though...." Maddie said bashfully doing tiney jazz hands in hope of slightly cheering up the in pain person in front of her.
"Ugh merry Christmas you idiot I guess I love you" A chuckle escaped Maddie's mouth "love you too stupid"

With that short 'merry encounter', Maddie (this time more cautiously) danced along the hallway into the main stairwell. She could've gone down the side staircase which poked out at exactly the kitchen but with the snow falling outside, the main stairwell was the best place to see this spectacular sight as large window adorned the wall above the stair case, giving you a direct view as you descended. Making her way downstairs and admiring the pretty landscape outside, Maddie pranced into the large kitchen where Chris, Florence, Susan, Lizzie, Scarletts mum and Chriss dad were preparing Christmas dinner just as 'Rockin around the Christmas tree' started playing.

"Merry Christmas!!" Yelled Maddie merrily, grabbing some tinsel and wrapping it around her shoulders whilst dancing over to the breakfast bar and pouring some Christmas cereal and topping it with cherry yoghurt.
"Merry Christmas Maddie darling!! Come here" Lizzie squealed pulling Maddie into a tight hug before releasing and kissing her all of her head. Prancing around the kitchen, Maddie wished everyone there a very merry Christmas and gave them all a hug before turning around to the final person.
"Merry Christmas you jammy jammy tart!!" Exclaimed Florence finally. She was wearing some ridiculous swimming goggles and biting a spoon between her teeth. "Urmmm Flo...what are you wearing?" Maddie laughed in amusement, "it's my onion beating technique!! This way I won't cry whilst cutting them!"
"Ohhh that's actually really smart!" Maddie said finger gunning Florence.
"Wait do you wanna come say hi to my cooking with flo vlog?!" Florence said excitingly
"yes yes yes! Omg yes I'm here I'm here...hi guys hi!! I'm maddie if you don't know and flo is cooking our Christmas dinner!"
"With help from us!" Chirped Chris from the background.
"Oh yeah! With the help of Chris Evans! Dun dun dun I know! THE Chris Evans! And the spectacular Susan Downey and Elizabeth Olsen!... and the super oldies ahaha (Chris and Scarletts mom and dad) but i mean my only concern is..." Maddie put her hand up to her mouth and whispered to the camera. "...if I die today you'll know who to blame" signalling to the group behind her "they could poison the food....keep that in mind....ANYWAY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ON HERE! HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!!"

Maddie turned around from the camera telling Florence she could have her audience back, before heading over to the dining table to eat her cereal. After devouring her breakfast, Maddie went in hunt of her mom and uncle. Ambling through the large house she admired the spectacularly put up Christmas decorations and the beautiful chandelier hanging in the entrance hallway. By this time it had stopped snowing so Maddie slowly opened to the front door to be met with a sparkling white wonderland, completely peaceful and perfect. The beauty enticed Maddie in so much, she didn't realise Scarlett come and stand next to her.
"It's beautiful isn't it" In complete shock, Maddie spun around in confusion, panicked at where this mysterious voice came from.
"Mommm you can't creep me out like that! I was too hypnotised by the snow and don't realise you were there!"
"Aw sorry darling, I didn't try to sneak up on you like that"
"Don't worry about it...just don't do it again..." Maddie said before going back to admiring the perfect snow outside. "Oh merry Christmas by the way" with a smirk on her face she tried to keep a straight face.
"Finally! I was waiting for that!"
'Aww I'd never forget mom" Maddie said hugging Scarlett tightly "love you"
"I love you too sweetheart... maybe we should shut this door though"
"Oop yeah forgot about that!"
They quickly pulled apart and shut the heavy oak doors, retreating over to the warmth of the fire in the living room afterwards where Rose, Avri, and Exton sat playing with a train set and Scarletts dad and Chris's mom sat in the chairs next to the Christmas tree.
"Ahhh my wonderful granddaughter!"
"Merry Christmas granddad!"
"Merry Christmas to you too"
"Oh and Merry Christmas Lisa, it's great to finally meet you"
"Likewise" Chris's mom said with a warm smile, blowing a kiss.

The rest of the day was filled with festivities, joy, presents and a lot of food. Nearing the end of the day, the kids wanted to go outside and experience the perfect, fluffy snow, so everyone bundled up in coats, gloves and hats and trailed outside. Snow had started falling very gently again and it was enough to cover up the tracks people had left behind, almost making it feel like they were the only ones out there. However, not soon after being outside, the peace was very quickly ruined. One minute you could hear the birds and could see the sun on the snow and the next minute, all you could hear was the squeal and shout of people being hit with the snow balls, and the crunch of the snow as others grabbed handfuls from the ground and chucked in any random direction, hoping to hit someone. Maddie received some snow down her neck, Chris had a snowball right in the face, Scarlett same and somehow willow and Robert had built a snow fort and were carefully stacking snow balls and strategically firing them when necessary. However, this whole snow fight was the perfect way to round off Maddie's first proper Christmas in the most special way possible as afterward they all retired inside and sat around the fire opening presents and laughing.