chapter thirty - coming out

"Mum oh my god what do you mean? You can't just say 'she seems nice' then walk off!"
"I mean that she seems nice."
"You are so annoying I swear to god"
"I know" she blew a kiss and winked whilst Maddie just stood there annoyed.
"Go and fetch your sister it's dinner"
"Fine. But after dinner you better tell me what you're thinking."
"Maybe....now go fetch your sister"

About an hour and a half later, dinner was finished, and Rose was in bed. Maddie and Scarlett were curled up on the sofa next to each other.
"So what did you mean when you said the pink haired girl seems nice. And don't say that she's just 'nice" because you didn't say that about James and Olive."
"Well, I meant that she seemed very lovely and you looked very comfortable around her." Scarlett winked.
"Oh ok..." Maddie looked a bit confused but brushed it away.
"Yeah. It wasn't anything bad don't worry sweetheart"

Scarlett turned the tv on thinking the conversation was over.
"Wait a sec"
"Yes honey"
Scarlett turned the tv back off as Maddie sat there for a few moments trying to put her thoughts into words.
"Um what would you say if thought she was more than nice?"
"In what way?"
"Like. She's gorgeous, super funny, kind, caring, friendly, hot..." Maddie shyly looked up at Scarlett.
"I wouldn't say anything"
"Huh?" Maddie laughed. What did that mean?
"Well. I wouldn't mind. You can think whatever you want about people. As long as they treat you right"
"And if I wanted to date her?......"
"Again I wouldn't care sweetheart. As long as your happy"
Maddie sat there a bit shocked. Scarlett was that chilled about it?!

"Just to make sure you understand where I'm going with this, I want to date women. Not men"
"Yes honey. I understand that. And to me it doesn't matter because I will love you no matter what you do or who you love"
"Oh ok. Cool...yeah..thanks"
Scarlett pulled Maddie into a hug.
"I love you"
"I love you too mum"
Maddie was still a bit shocked at how chill she'd been but was so thankful that Scarlett was supportive and loved her so much.

Hey guys.
Sorry this cheater is a bit shorter than usual. I came out abt two years ago and I can't remember what I said so this chapters kind of a mess and yeah 😭😂
To all of my lgbtq+ peeps. I love you and if you haven't found the right group who will support you, one day you will and it will make you feel so happy. There's no reason to be ashamed for it and no one should deserve any hate for being gay. Ilyyyyyy
🤍🤍