//4//:Shopping Spree

Start from the beginning

"Sa—Sabr—Sabrina,I'm Sabrina." I stuttered. I took five selfies with her which I am totally posting later on. I see her adjusting her clothes just in case any crazy fan bumps into her. I'm a crazy fan but I'm just trying to keep my cool before I get banned from the mall for doing something insane.

"Wait! I have an idea." I blurted out after thinking about the plan in my head. She looked confused then I said, "About keeping your cover."

"Ohh." She muttered in realisation. I pulled her to a corner where nobody could site us. I removed a white converse from the shopping bag that was with me. I slid my hand into my hijab to remove the ribbon which I used to pack my hair with.

"Remove your Stilettos and put on the converse, then you can pack your curly hair into a messy bun, your shirt can be tucked in a bit since you're wearing a height waisted jeans. And then your scarf should be tied around your hair. I'm almost a hundred percent sure that nobody is going to recognise you." I finished, grinning from ear to ear. She smiled widely in amusement. After doing everything I had asked her to do, even I would barely recognise her in the midst of strangers.

"You really are my number one fan. Keep it up. But are you perhaps a fashion designer or you work in a boutique or something?"

"I'm a fashion designer, I'm even wearing one of my work." I twirled around, showcasing the Slate Grey lace top and black wide leg jeans.

"Impressive! Where are you from?"

"I'm a Nigerian but American by birth. I lived in LA for ten years before going back to Nigeria for my high school but I'm back now for college."

"You don't look or sound like a Nigerian one bit. I mean the thick American accent and also you're white."

Swallowing a huge lump, "My Mother's Arab." I replied quickly. I don't like talking about my mother, not even for a minute.

"Ohh. Well I think we should meet more often, due to the fact that I'm weirdly attracted to you. You have this fashion taste that many designers lack, and you're also so young." She exclaimed. I almost lost it as I started giggling and jumping like a crazy child. She had to hold me back to restrain me from continuing my madness. I muttered a sorry.

"I promise you. You won't regret it."

"I know I won't, Sabrina." She replied. We talked about fashion a bit more before we exchanged numbers and had her follow me on Instagram.

I still can't believe it, my long dream was finally coming true. Indeed Allah is the greatest of all. Alhamdullilah! I'm beyond elated.

"I should get going, I'm famished." She grumbled clutching onto her angry tummy. Remembering I had raspberries inside my side bag, I brought it out of the mini container.

"Eat."

Reluctantly, she picked five raspberries and munched it down. A warm smile appeared on her face, "You're a keeper girl!"

_________________________________

I sat on the porch swing, my knees raised close to my chest as I moon gazed. Yes, I enjoy watching the moon and stars at night, it was a sight I never missed. Especially during the full moon.

The night sky was aglow with glistening city lights. The bright moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky. The softly glittering blanket of stars twinkled above. The only sound is the wind whistling through trees, with the occasional cricket chirping here and there if you're lucky enough to find one. The world becomes so peaceful that it is difficult not to relax completely while looking at this particular nighttime beauty.

I took this opportunity to write down a few things on my bucket list—-things I'd like to accomplish between these five years. Though I know most of it is impossible, I'll still write it down in my journal and five years later, I'll laugh at how ridiculous I was being.

SABRINA ADILA KHALEED'S LIST

1-BECOME FAMOUS AS A FASHION DESIGNER.

2-GO SKY DIVING.

3-BUILD A MASJID HERE IN LA.

4-MAKE MY OWN MONEY.

5-MAKE MY PARENTS PROUD.

6-TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD.

7-MEET JUSTIN BIEBER.

8-NAME MY FASHION BRAND DILA KS.

9-BUY A HOUSE.

10-OWN THREE JAGUARS.

11-OPEN A HELP FOUNDATION.

12-BECOME SUCCESSFUL.

13-BEFRIEND A LOT OF CELEBRITIES.

14-ATTEND COACHELLA MUSIC FESTIVAL.

15-LEARN SPANISH.

16-JOIN THE UCLA BRUINS (BASKETBALL TEAM) AND LEAD THEM TO VICTORY.

17-OPEN A RESTAURANT.

18-ATTEND LOTS OF RED CARPET AWARDS.

19-MAKE MY YA ALIZA AND BABA KAKA PROUD.

20-MEET MY OTHER HALF.

IN SHAA ALLAH

_________________________________

END OF CHAPTER