𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐊𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚,

"Clean up this fucking room, it looks a mess." Karolin spat before slamming Kaylinas door. She rolled her eyes and laid in the same spot on her bed.

This happened weekly and was the only time she really talked to her parents.

They didn't care about their daughters mental health or even how she was doing in school.
They were the type of people who didn't deserve kids.

A few minutes later, she forced herself up and started throwing the piles of dirty clothes into her hamper, sorting out papers and putting trash into trash bags.

She took the trash downstairs, holding the hamper in the other hand and past by her step dad, who was sitting at the table snorting cocaine.

She scoffed and went into the laundry room to wash her clothes before taking her trash bags into the garage. She went back upstairs, of course getting glares from her jealous mom.

She went into her room, locking the door behind her and immediately pulled her shirt off, leaving her in a sports bra. This was the only way she could sleep.
She plugged her phone up and laid down.

🤍

Jeremiah woke up to the sound of pots being banged outside of his door. He rubbed his eyes and noticed the sun wasn't even out.

"Bro what." He mumbled, getting out of bed and opening his door.
He saw his dad standing there banging 2 pieces of metal together, looking dumb.

"What are you doing bruh." He sighed, running his hand over his hair. He could barely see what was going on.

"It's 5 am, I'm taking yo ass to the gym. Nobody gonna be there so we got the whole place to ourselves, go get dressed." He said before disappearing in the hallway.

Jeremiah scoffed, but complied. He rubbed the sleep out his eyes and grabbed some basketball shorts and his black nikes.

He didn't bother to take a shower just to get sweaty and have to take another, so he slid his shorts over his boxers and tied his shoes up.

30 minutes later, they were in the gym working out.
Little did he know, he would be there all day.

🤍

It was Saturday, so as usual Kaylina sat on the roof smoking. She scrolled down as she read a Wattpad book, titled Letter to Kaylina. It was so weird! It was down pact, everything about her life was similar to the book.

Plus the title and her name, she loved it. She was interrupted by Jeremiahs name flashing on her screen. She smiled and answered it, seeing him sitting in his room.

"Hey Jeremiah." She said, taking another pull from her blunt. She had just got into an argument with her mother and was stressed.

"H-hey Kaylina." He sighed, pushing his glasses up and hissing when he laid on his back.

"Are you good?" She asked, concerned by the look on his face.

"Yeah I um.. just pulled a muscle in my back." He lied and she nodded.

"What are you doing tonight?" He asked, trying to make conversation.
"Going to the bonfire?" She giggled.
Crap.

He completely forgot about his plans and now his entire body was in pain. There was no way for him to go.

"I-I'm sorry Kaylina but I don't.. think I can go." He nervously sighed and her smile dropped. She was looking forward to going with him.

"Does your back hurt that much?" She asked, putting her blunt out in the ashtray.

"Are you on the roof?" He asked, dismissing her question.
"Jeremiah." She smacked her lips and he sighed.

"My dad made me get up at like.. 6 am to go to the gym. I thought it would be like an hour but.. he made me stay until 4pm. We drove his car and he went back home, so I didn't have a choice." He explained, scared of her reaction.

"You didn't get a Uber?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"He told me I would break my phone if I left it in my pocket so I left it in the car.. like an idiot." He sighed running his hand over his face.

"That's not okay Jeremiah. He can't make you stay at the gym for almost 12 hours straight. That's abuse-"

"It's n-not. He just wants me to be prepared for basketball tryouts next month." He defended.

"Do you wanna come over to my house?" She asked, trying to get him away from his father.

"Um.. are you s-sure?" He chuckled nervously. He's never been to a girls house before besides his cousins.

"I'm positive. Do you have a car or do I need to send an Uber?" She asked, putting him on pause and opening her Uber app.

"You could just get an Uber. Don't send it now cause I wanna take another hot shower for my back." He said, regretting it since he felt he said too much.

"Alright, so text me when you get ready." She said, getting up and walking into her room through her window.
"Okay." He nodded before they hung up.

🤍

"I wanna get a tattoo." He said as he scrolled through Pinterest with Kaylina.
"What kind? Like a big one or a small one?" She asked.

"Is a sleeve considered big?" He chuckled and she laughed.

"Well I know this guy that does amazing tattoos, he's in that plaza with Publix and everything else. It's called Inks." She shrugged, meanwhile he was already googling the guys work.

"I'll see about it." He nodded, getting a notification that the pizza they ordered was here.

He got up, as Kaylina was too occupied with her phone to notice. Her parents didn't allow her to have company other than family, and especially not a random boy.

He walked downstairs and halfway down the steps forgot his card.

He jogged back upstairs as Kaylinas father, Darius came out of his room with a gun.

Jeremiah didn't notice him. He walked into Kaylinas room and her heart stopped when she realized he had left the room.

"Is my card on the-" He was cut off with a bullet hitting his arm, and he hissed when he realized.
"Dad what did you do!" Kaylina panicked, pulling Jeremiah onto her bed.

"Your slut ass having sex with random boys in my house?" He yelled, towering over her making her flinch.

Jeremiah was paying attention to his arm, too much to realize Kaylina had just been hit by her father.

He slammed her door, making Jeremiah jump and turn around.

"J-Jeremiah are you good?" She sniffed as tears filled her eyes.

"I'm fine but-"
"Take your shirt off." She wiped her eyes and started to slowly pull his shirt off.

Jeremiahs first idea was sex, but how could they do that now? He watched as she tied the shirt around his arm and covered it with a clean cloth, as she ordered an Uber.

So much for getting away.