𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞- 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐡,

"Bae, you need some friends." Kaylina laughed as Liyah bounced her legs on Jeremiahs chest.
"Nah I don't, friends ain't shit. You the only friend I need." He shrugged.

"So who gon be yo best man?" She raised her eyebrow.
"Probably Roman." He nodded.
"Okay well, either way you need some more friends. You always around me or in the house." She crossed her arms.

He kissed his teeth and laughed.
"I got Me-"
"That nigga ain't yo friend, friends don't let you get drugged just cause they don't want daddy to know they secret. He ain't nothing but a pussy." She rolled her eyes.

"You sound like a nigga." He chuckled.
"Just promise me tonight you'll get out of the house? Just go to the club or something." She said, sitting next to him.

"Ight, but you sure you want me to make friends?" He raised his eyebrows.
"Whatchu mean? Why wouldn't I let you have friends?" She asked, now holding Jaliyah.

"I mean, ima be friends with niggas, and-"
"Aht aht! Ion wanna hear none of that. If it comes down to it, make sure all them ugly so we ain't gotta deal with that." She laughed and lifted her shirt up.

"See, you know them was my tities first? I just get pushed to the side." He shook his head and Kaylina giggled.

"They still yours, but they were mines first. I'm just lending them to y'all." She shrugged.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I see how it is." He waved her off, and went upstairs.

🤍

"How it went?" She asked as soon as he opened the door.
"Damn, hey, I missed you too. Nah, I'm not hungry." He chuckled.
She rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen.

"It was alright, it was a lil off cause you know I ain't got no type of social skills. But I guess you was right." He shrugged. She smiled and sat on his lap.

"Okay so, a couple of questions," She said, he raised his eyebrow.
"How many people did you meet?" She asked.
"Um, Tre, Zy, and I kinda talked to Raya-"

"Hold up, she gay?" She scrunched up her face. He laughed and nodded.
"She bet not be tryna fuck on my nigga, the thing is you too fine to just chill out around females. Next thing you know, they pussy in yo mouth." She rolled her eyes and he bust out laughing.

"You funny, you know that?" He chuckled.
"Yeah sure, but another question, are they fine?" She asked.

He twisted his lips, confused if this was a trick question.
"No." He simply spoke.

"I know you lying, you decided to pick the ugliest niggas in the club?" She threw her hands up.

"Didn't you say I needed to pick the ugly ones?" He furrowed his eyebrows and rubbed his back.
"I was just playing, but since you no fun ima go talk to my baby." She stuck her tongue out and went upstairs.

He chuckled and grabbed his pill bottles, taking the both of them.

🤍

Jeremiah ran a hand over his head, reading over the paper.
"You okay?" Kaylina asked, holding Liyah and wrapping a blanket over her.

He handed her the paper and she glanced over it, a little confused.
"So it's getting worse, now what we supposed to do?" She asked.

"They tryna say I need a transplant now, why this shit gotta happen to me?" He groaned, laying back on the bed.

"Bae," She sighed and sat next to him.
"If you gotta get the surgery then you will, and I'll be there the whole time to make sure you're okay. If you don't wanna get it, which I still think you should, then you gotta keep taking your meds and we gotta keep praying." She said, rubbing his back and kissing him.

"Ion even know what to think. It's always something happening to us, we can't ever catch a break and just be fucking happy." Jeremiah snapped, getting up and walking into the bathroom.

Kaylina tucked in her lips and watched as Jaliyah crawled along the bed.
"It'll hopefully be okay mamas." She mumbled and laid back.

🤍

"I've added you to the waiting list, and so now we're looking at 2 to 3 months until we can find a donor. Any last questions? You could always contact me if you have any more." Dr. Bennet said, clicking his pen.

Kaylina grabbed Jeremiahs hand as he shook his head.
A week had passed, and he finally made the decision get the transplant. He of course had to wait for a donor and everything, so it would still be a while.

"I'll have a refill for your prescriptions in shortly, have a nice day." He softly smiled and walked out of the room.

Jeremiah sighed and picked up Jaliyah's car seat, and handed Kaylina the keys.
"You okay baby?" She asked, but he just kept walking.

He had a lot planned for the next year and it felt like all of that was thrown away. He wanted to start his sophomore year in college, try to get his family a bigger house and start his own career, but something just had to get in his way.

They walked out to the car, and he strapped Liyah into the seat.
"Are you hungry? I was gonna make some-"
"Nah, I'm fine." He shrugged and she pulled off. She nodded and made her way back to the house.

She wanted to help him, but all he did was push her away.

🤍

"Shit, the way you talk about ole girl you would think y'all been married for 30 years." Zy chuckled, taking a pull of his blunt.

"Yeah, I mean that's my baby. But ion even know if she tryna deal with me no more." Jeremiah sighed and held the blunt as it was passed to him, handing it over to Tre.

"Oh, here he go." Raya scoffed and scrolled on her phone. Tre and Jeremiah both threw a pillow at her.
"Bitches, fuck y'all." She threw up the middle finger.

"Why you even think that? You got one of the good ones, most bitches would just leave." Tre furrowed his eyebrows.

"Ion wanna stress her out with my issues and shit. She already got her own stuff going on and I'm not even sure if I'm finna get this surgery done. I know it's a chance ima die and I already accepted that, I don't think she has though." Miah shrugged and glanced at his phone.

"It got depressing real quick." Raya mumbled, and everyone made eye contact with each other as he continued to scroll through his instagram.

"Um, how you know you gonna die?" Tre asked, sitting the blunt in the ashtray.
Jeremiah looked up to see everyone staring at him like he was crazy.

"I guess I just know. Everything feel different." He chuckled and pushed his glasses up.
The room fell silent once again, nobody knew what to say or do.

"I'm finna go get something to eat, y'all wanna go?" Zy asked, grabbing his keys. Everyone nodded and they left Rayas house.