Chapter 5. Don't kiss me.

Thranduil stared at Vanya. Her glossy eyes staring right back, Thranduil wanted to tell her the truth that even though he was King he was just like any other ellon who had a heart and couldn't choose who he will love, but his pride was too high. "I knew you were the elleth that my son would marry, I just had to see what kind of elleth you were before I hand my son over." he lied. Vanya's face scrunched up and she said "Like you had a choice. But I knew you did not know me because when I was introduced to your son--you were shocked." "Please, I knew that you know me back then. Who does not know the King of the Woodland realm? You just wanted to snag some ellon with a title so you could match your sister." he sneered.

Slap.

Vanya's hand met with Thranduil's cheek. Tears were streaming down her face as she looked upon an ellon she wish she could hate but she just can't she knew that this wasn't him. Suddenly Thranduil grabbed her arm and brought her closer to his face, their nose were touching. "Tell me, why I shouldn't punish you?" he whispered viciously his eyes burning right through her, and she could feel the burning. "Because I want to hate you... but I don't." Vanya whispered softly as she stared into his deep ocean blue eyes. Thranduil's gaze fell to her plush lips and Vanya's heart was beating faster than her breathing. "Don't kiss me." she breathed as she was drowning in his eyes. 

"I wasn't planning to." Thranduil said as he pulled away like nothing happened.

Vanya opened her mouth but quickly closed it. She didn't want anything awkward happening again. She bowed to Thranduil and left without saying another word. Thranduil clutched his head wondering what the hell was he doing? 

***

        Vanya's heart was telling her a million things but her mind was just telling her one thing, Don't fall for him. A few tears has escaped her eyes once more as she realized that no matter how much she wanted to hate Thranduil or how much she wanted to fall in love with Legolas and live happily ever after still her heart pointed to the last person she thought she'll ever love. 

Thranduil.

As she was making her way to her room, she bumped into Legolas making her startle just a bit. Legolas noticed that Vanya was crying and he was suddenly concerned. "Vanya, what's wrong?" Vanya didn't say anything as she stared at the handsome prince that looked exactly like his father. She grabbed his vest and buried herself in his chest sobbing her eyes out. Legolas was shocked but he just wrapped his arms around her for comfort. Legolas then easily scooped her up and brought her to his room where he laid her down in his bed. "Vanya... Please tell me what's wrong?" Legolas deeply wanted to know what brought tears to Vanya's eyes. Was it something that he did?

Vanya composed herself knowing better than to break down in tears in front of anyone but herself. She wiped the tears away and sat on her knees in front of Legolas. "What I am about to tell you... Must stay between me and you only." she said making it clear that it could no longer be shared with anyone but them. Legolas then realized how serious it was, could she be with child? Vanya took a deep breath, she knew the consequences if she told Legolas about her secret but she wasn't gonna tell him everything. "I am in love Legolas." she told him, Legolas' eyes widen knowing that she would have to fight this feeling. "Vanya you know that--" but Vanya cut him off by saying "Yes, I know what will happen if I don't marry you but I am gonna marry you but I will forever fight my feelings for this person." not revealing the race of her "Secret love" for someone.

Legolas waited for Vanya to tell him who it was but it seemed like Vanya wasn't gonna spill. "Are you gonna tell me who is the lucky person?" he asked with a grin but Vanya shook her head making Legolas feel disappointed. "I told you mine!" he said as he folded his arms in front of his chest like a little elfling fighting over who has the better bow. "You did not tell me who it was, I found out myself. If you want to know whom I love then you will have to find out for yourself." Vanya told him which Legolas scowled at then he tried guessing, "Is it Lindir?" Vanya burst out laughing. "Lindir is family to me Legolas, I would never feel those kind of feelings towards him." Legolas thoughts went over all the men he could possibly guess. "Haldir?"

Vanya shook her head and said "He is too serious and I don't think he'll ever settle down." "Adanion?" Legolas asked if it was the famous cook in the Woodland realm which made Vanya giggle since Adanion did flirt with her once. "No, definitely not him." Legolas rolled his eyes anxious to know who caught the heart of Vanya. "Megildur?" one of the kingdom's guards that Legolas usually goes skirmishing with. Vanya shook her head once more and said "I barely even know him." She mentally rolled her eyes, she barely even knew Thranduil yet now she is admitting that she has fallen in love with him. Legolas threw his hands in the air in surrender as he said "I give up, maybe the person you love is not of elven folk." which Vanya just laughed to.

That's when Vanya's eyes lowered when she realized whom she really loved. Legolas noticed that she was about to cry again. "Vanya... don't be sad. Marrying me isn't that bad." Legolas tried to bring up the mood but Vanya shook her head wondering what on earth was she gonna do with Legolas. "It's not that Legolas... Even if I could marry whom my heart desires still... it will be forbidden." "I knew it! It's a dwarf!" Legolas pointed out but Vanya just chuckled at Legolas. Then it finally hit her,

She was in love with Thranduil.

Legolas' Father.

Oh, Elbereth!