Chapter 16. Yes

Vanya snuck out of her chambers when Legolas was fast asleep and Tauriel fell asleep on Legolas' chest. Arwen has retired to her chambers and her brothers were on patrol while her father was in his library. 

Vanya leaned on the wall for support, her legs felt heavy and her eyelids wanted o shut but she continued to look for Thranduil. He disappeared when she fell asleep. Vanya successfully reached the gardens and right against the railing, looking over at the beautiful waterfall stood Thranduil. His back was facing her and she smiled to herself.

She sighed as she inhaled the fresh air of Rivendell. "Beautiful isn't it?" she asked catching Thranduil off guard. His eyes widen when he saw Vanya standing there out of her chambers. "You're not supposed to--" but he was cut off as Vanya shushed him by put her slim finger on his lips. "You kings always love to demand and command." as she walked passed him and leaned on the railings. Thranduil chuckled and said "That's why I am king."

"Remember the night we met?" she asked him without looking away from the beautiful waterfall. Thranduil smiled and stood beside her "How could I forget?" "I thought you were some wealthy elf from Greenwood." Vanya said. "I thought you were a simple maiden of Rivendell." Thranduil spoke. Vanya chuckled and said "I am a simple maiden. Being the daughter of the Lord of Rivendell is no different from others." 

"There you are wrong," he said then he cupped her small face and added "You are no simple maiden... you are special."

This made Vanya blush as she leaned into the warmth of his hand. Thranduil noticed she was shivering which wasn't normal for their kind. He frowned but quickly smiled as he wrapped his arms around her silently warming her up. She leaned into his warmth and sighed in content. "I wish things were different, I wish there was no bloody stone and you would court me properly." she said as she closed her eyes and listened to the waterfall and the steady beat of Thranduil's heart.

"You know we would still have a fight. It is never heard before, an elf yet alone a king marrying for the second time." he said. "It would not have matter... I would have married you anyway." she said and he replied "You're only saying that because things are worse." "But it doesn't seem worse as I am here in your arms in the place I love the most." she said as she wrapped her arms around his waist and looked into his eyes.

He looked down to look into her eyes and saw the pain and suffering she is feeling and knew that she didn't see the worse because she was looking at me but if she looked at herself then she could see it. Thranduil then led Vanya to the bridge near the waterfall just as the sun was about to set. Everything in Rivendell looked as if everything was glowing, fireflies surrounded them as Thranduil still kept her warm in his arms. 

Even though there was no music, the only sound was the sound of the waterfall and the crickets. Thranduil started to sway back and forth as Vanya giggled knowing what Thranduil was doing. Thranduil then started to dance with Vanya just like the night they first met. Vanya laughed every time Thranduil spun her. After all the spinning they finally slowed down and Vanya leaned her head against Thranduil's chest as they swayed back and forth. 

Thranduil leaned down and gave a passionate kiss to Vanya. When both of them pulled away they were both breathless. Thranduil then said breathlessly "Marry me?" Vanya smiled and said "Yes." as she hugged him. They both stayed like that for a while before returning to Vanya's chambers. 

Elrond couldn't say no when Thranduil and Vanya announced they were getting married. Nobody had the heart to say no. Ever since Vanya collapsed she's never looked this happy. Legolas was proud for both of them and even hugged his father. Legolas was overjoyed but he knew that they would get married or else they will never get a chance to and even though it worried him that his father would lose yet another wife, he knew his father is strong.

"Legolas, I think we should tell them." Tauriel whispered into Legolas' ear. Legolas looked at Tauriel and gulped because never had he done such a thing but it made him feel more alive. Legolas then looked at his father to see him staring at Vanya lovingly while she talked to Elrond. "Ada... I have something to tell you." Legolas spoke up. 

The room went silent and all eyes were on Legolas including Vanya's. Elrond wondered why Thranduil haven't noticed yet. It was obvious, he could understand why his own daughter didn't notice but for Thranduil? Impossible.

"Me and Tauriel are married."

He said. He noticed his father's jaw clenched even more. "Excuse me." Thranduil said as he exited the chambers in a hurry. Vanya smiled and said "I am happy for you Legolas." as she exited slowly to go after Thranduil. Thranduil knew it was bound to happen but he still couldn't come to terms with it especially he had an organized and detailed plan for Legolas' life since he was born. It was in his blood to grow up and marry Vanya and rule the great Greenwood.

He was at the nearest balcony which made Vanya no trouble in finding him. Vanya's gentle hands touched Thranduil's tensed shoulders which made him relax at the soft and soothing touch of the one he loves. "Thranduil... you should be proud of Legolas." she spoke. "I... I am... I just wish things were different." he had hard time to spit out how he truly felt. But once Vanya let out a laugh, Thranduil relaxed for his mind was now relaxed.

He turned around to face Vanya. "I know... I am proud of Legolas. He deserves the happiness that he desires. I just had to push aside the cold king I am." he sighed out.

Thranduil enveloped Vanya into a hug before he would go inside and tell Legolas how proud he was of him. Thranduil just needed a few moments with Vanya so she could melt the ice that surrounded him.