Chapter 2. Jealousy

In Celebration of my 800+ followers, I decided to write hopefully a nice chapter!! :D Yey!! 800 followers! Thank you guys!! You are awesome!! Enjoy!

        "You're gonna love it there in Greenwood." Arwen said as she grabbed her sister's hand as Vanya and the rest of Greenwood's kin was about to go back to the halls of Thranduil. "But I love it here in Imladris." Vanya said as she sat on her horse. Her lavender gown and dark blue cloak draped over her white horse. "My sweet daughter, it is time for you to see the world beyond Imladris." their father encouraged. Vanya spent all night yelling at the stone that contained the prophecy.

"Lord Elrond, thank you for the invite and for the welcoming." Thranduil said as he sat magnificently on his elk. "May you travel safely, you are always welcome in Imladris." Lord Elrond said as both of them touched their forehead in respect. The company of Thranduil started their journey. Vanya traveled beside Legolas while Thranduil was riding in front of them, all of them surrounded by warriors. Legolas then touched Vanya's shoulder and this startled Vanya. "I know this may be awkward but we will take it slow... and if things don't work out then we don't have to love each other... We could be good friends married to each other even though it sounds pretty absurd." Legolas said.

Vanya chuckled at his silliness but couldn't agree less. "Yes, I would love that absurd idea of yours. We shall take it slow... who knows we might fall in love." And after Vanya said that her eyes darted to Thranduil who was already looking at her but once he caught her gaze he looked away. Vanya smirked that their words affected him. Vanya didn't know why she liked messing with Thranduil, she didn't love him. It was just an attraction, and that's all.

"I heard your home is beautiful, as what my younger sister tells me." Vanya said as she looked into Legolas' eyes. He does has his father's eyes and his hair. "I won't say I quite agree with you... because what she says is an understatement." this made Vanya laugh. "My home is amazing!" Legolas says as if he was trying to sell his home. Vanya laughed even more but this time she made physical contact with Legolas by touching his shoulder. Thranduil then snapped at them "Hush! You'll attract orcs! Immature elflings." Both Vanya and Legolas closed their mouths but both wanted to burst out laughing. "You should be careful in the day light.. this one is grumpy." Legolas whispered as he pointed towards Thranduil which made her silently giggle. Thranduil heard it and sighed.

It was gonna be a long journey.

***

        Finally after three days due to Vanya complaining all the time since she was never used to traveling they finally made it to Thranduil's Kingdom. "Well that was a scary forest." Vanya commented which made Thranduil roll his eyes. "It has its days but... if you climb one of the tallest trees... at the very top you can see a view worth a million gems. Orange and red leaves with the wind caressing your face with the smell of fresh water and oak. It is quite peaceful. It even has the view of the lonely mountain." Legolas tried to explain to Vanya, and Vanya even in words she could imagine the view, and the picture in her head still took her breath away.

"Sounds amazing, what in Valar's name made you climb up there?" Vanya asked curiously, Legolas grinned and said "It was my father," this made Vanya's smiled vanish. "It is how he got my name. He told me every night when his father would scold him he would climb the trees because he knew that even in the most darkest places there will always be a place where beauty lies. He climbed the trees and he would stay up there till night fall. He then saw one leaf colored green among all the red and oranges... still that one green leaf was the most beautiful leaf he has ever seen. It stood out from the rest and no matter how the wind howled still the leaf stood strong on its twig." the story was more beautiful than the image in her head. Thranduil turned his elk to face Vanya and Legolas.