Chapter 10. Swooning

Days turn to months;

and months turn to years.

All this time is just a mere blink of an elf's eye but for Vanya it seemed longer than just three years after the battle. She felt like it was a decade, and in that decade she has managed to keep her distance from Thranduil, managed, but every time she did start seeking for Thranduil he had a way to keep away from her.

Thranduil was growing grumpier and more colder as what the people of the Woodland realm has spoken. They say that it was unrequited, that it was only Vanya who had feelings. Some say that Vanya was having an affair with Thranduil but Thranduil didn't think of her more than an elleth who warmed his bed, but none of those are true.

Inside the chambers of Thranduil, there you can see his true feelings. Where he breaks down with silent cries and tears. During night he would close his eyes and images would play behind closed eyelids, images of Vanya and him dancing in Rivendell, how her eyes lightened up when she saw him and how she smiled for the first time because of him. Once he walked out his chamber's door a cold and emotionless Thranduil took its place. Everyone tried their best to keep out of his way and others tried their best to cheer up the lady of Rivendell. 

At times, Vanya would either be in the garden reading her book or in her room. Legolas would come and take her out of the kingdom for some fresh air but the only times they would talk was when night would come. Legolas would pull her in his arms in bed and play with her hair as her head laid on his chest. He would tell her stories of his mother or his adventures. He would share his grief with her about Tauriel. Sometimes, Vanya would cry on his chest and he would distract her with stories of Thranduil's past. 

As time past by the wedding drew closer. 

Kingdoms from far away started arriving, Vanya was in the garden reading once again The tale of Beren and Luthien. She still swooned just as much as she still swooned every time she caught a glimpse of Thranduil even if it was just his hair or his voice echoing through the halls. 

She closed her book just as she finished reading the last sentence. Her hand caressed the worn out book as she murmured to herself "Oh, how I wish my tale would be in books."

"Why books? Your tale is written in stone." 

Vanya's eyes snapped up and saw the one person she never thought she would see. Tears filled her eyes as the sides of her lips started moving upwards for a smile. 

"Arwen." she sighed as she stood up and both sisters met halfway slamming into a hug. "Oio naa elealla alasse' Gwathel." (Ever is thy sight a joy sister) Vanya whispered. Both sister had tears of joy then Arwen said "Cormamin lindua ele lle Gwathel." (My heart sings to see thee sister). 

They pulled away and once they saw that both were in tears they burst out laughing. "Rivendell has missed you." Arwen spoke. "As I miss Rivendell, you don't know how dark this cave can be." I said with a small chuckle as I gestured to the whole cave. "Aye, you are right." Arwen replied. 

Just then Vanya realized that if Arwen is here so must her father. Her eyes brightened for the first time in three years as she quickly asked her sister "Is ada here?" Arwen smiled and nodded. Suddenly Vanya was lifted off the ground as she gave a small shriek. "Yallume! (At last) Our sister is getting married." Elrohir spoke as Elladan teased. "I know brother, here I thought she was gonna grow up alone, it's a good thing she's getting married now if it would have been later then he would already see her wrinkles." Vanya who sat on both of their shoulders carried her around the garden.

"Tampa!  Tanya awra!" (Stop! That hurt!) Vanya tried to sound mad but she couldn't help but laugh. "Our little sister is growing up." Elladan faked cried as they dropped Vanya on the floor making her land on her bum. Arwen laughed as she watched her siblings. Vanya then stood up as she dust the dirt off her dress and grabbed Elladan and Elrohir by the ear. "Aye! I have grown up but I have also learn how to fight." she said as both brothers let out a few unpleasant words from the pain in their ears. "She has gotten stronger, Elrohir, I don't like this." Elladan said. Once they were done catching up a bit Vanya asked her brothers where was their father. Then off she ran towards their directions. 

In the throne room. 

She's never been there in three years but she ignored everything as for the excitement to see her father was too much for her heart to handle. As she arrived at the throne room she saw her father talking to Thranduil who stood in front of him but her eyes were only on her father not even a small peek to Thranduil did she take. "Ada!" she shouted in joy making both ellons including Thranduil snap their heads towards her but right as her father, Elrond, turned around she slammed right into him wrapping her arms around his chest.

"Vanya." Elrond amused of his daughter hugging him. "I terribly missed you father." Vanya whispered as she closed her eyes and inhaled the familiar scent of her father. Elrond chuckled and said "It's only been three years Vanya." "But it seemed longer." Vanya said as if she loathed the kingdom. "She is not used to being in a cave Lord Elrond, she is used to fresh air." Thranduil spoke. Still Vanya did not move from her position because she knew her eyes would betray her and steal a glimpse from Thranduil. 

Elrond pulled away from his daughter and asked "Are you ready?" Vanya sighed as she stood in front of her father and her eyes were glued to the ground. She bit her lower lip as she had an inner battle within her head. 

'No! Do not look at him! I forbid you!' she said inside her head.

"Vanya?" her father called. Her eyes traveled up slowly to her father who was waiting for an answer. 

'If you look at him you know you're gonna break down once more! Don't do this to yourself!' she internally argued.

"Vanya? Are you well?" her father asked worried that it's taking this long for her to answer him. 

She quickly nodded then soon her eyes were moving to the side. 

'No!'

slowly.

'No!'

She caught a glimpse of silver. 

'No! No! No! No!' she whined inside her head.

There he was. 

'Oh no!'

Thranduil stared at her as well with his ocean of blue eyes. 

'Ed' i'ear ar' elenea! Tua amin!' (By the sea and stars! Help me!) she swooned.

She melted once more as she finally answered her father's question without breaking eye contact with Thranduil.

"More than I'll ever be."