♠ Chapter 34 ♠

(3rd Person POV)

Everyone was now screaming at Technoblade to stop what he was doing, even Phil. Sally just stayed silent. The voices, being the voices, were egging Technoblade on.

“Technoblade stop!” Tommy yelled. Techno just laughed, “Tommy, do you think you're a hero? Is that what this is?”

Sally stood and watched the events unfold with a careless expression.

“I just wanted…. I just wanted L'manberg…” Sally scoffed, and so did Techno. “You just wanted power.” Tommy shook his head, “I just wanted… L'manberg…. It's all I've ever wanted.”

Techno pinched the bridge of his nose, “Tommy, you all just did a coup. You all just did a hostile government takeover and immediately instilled yourself as president.”

Techno then looked at Tubbo “Then you gave it to your friend. But that's still a DICTATOR, Tommy.” (Changed it)

Techno sighed. “Y'know, the thing about this world, Tommy. Is that good things don't happen to heroes."

“Don't you remember the story I used to tell you? The story of Theseus?” Tommy knew too well. Theseus. Techno used to tell them many stories. All about Greek Mythology. But Theseus was always Tommy's favorite. So, Techno told them the story all the time. Except when Wilbur asked for something different.

“His country, or technically, his city, was in danger. And he sent himself forward into enemy lines. He SLAYED the Minotaur and saved his city. Do you know what they did to him, Tommy?”

“They exiled him.”

Three people muttered at once. Sally, Tommy, and Techno. It would've been four, but… Well… Y'know.

Techno continued, “He died in disgrace. Despised by his people. That's what happens to heroes, Tommy.”

“But he saved everyone?” Tubbo asked. But everyone ignored him.

“The Greeks knew the score. But if you want to be a hero, Tommy, that's fine…. That's fine….” Techno stared at the two skulls in his hands.

Tommy shook his head, “Technoblade, don't do this. We're so close…”

Phil was about to jump in and stop him when Sally put a hand in front of him. He looked at her, confused. She just gave this cold stare, which was very uncharacteristic of her.

Anger.

You would think that she would be protecting the only thing she has left of her husband. But no. It wasn't like that for her.

To her, L'manberg is the reason her husband is dead. Government is the reason her husband is dead. If he didn't have that election to get power, none of this would've happened.

So, she wanted to watch L'manberg burn. Even if it meant destroying the country that her husband made and held so dearly, until he blew it up,, of course.

"You want to be a hero, Tommy?” Techno put the last head on the rib cages. “You want to be a hero, Tommy? THEN DIE LIKE ONE!" He stomped his foot on the ground. Then the land shook, not because of the stomp, but because of the creatures that Technoblade just created. Or maybe both.

The six heads' eyes all lit up a bright purple. Then the two beasts rose into the air. In the middle of the rib cages two purple balls of magic formed and skulls started to shoot out of the magic and right at some people and what's left of L'manberg.

Philza was horrified at the scene before him. While Sally stood next to him. She still didn't care. She wants L'manberg GONE.

Phil jumped down to help, while Sally just stayed there. Her husband's dead body next to her. Then she started singing.

“Well, I heard there was a sacre- specia-”

She cleared her throat.

"Well, I heard there was a special place…

Where men could go and…

Emancipate…

The brutality…

And tyranny…

Of their rulers.

Well, this place is real…

You needn’t fret.

With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, Fuck Eret.

A very big and not blown up L’Manberg.

My L’Manberg…

My L’Manberg…

My L’Manberg…

My L’Manberg…”

She breathed in as she finished the song. The wind constantly and annoyingly blowing her hair on her face. She frustradedly pulled her hair strands back with her hands.

By the time she looked back, the chaos had decreased a little. A little kid she recognized as 'Purpled' had killed one of the Withers. Which was astonishing for a boy who didn't look a day over 16.

Sally hummed with an impressed look on her face. She made a mental note to talk to that kid later when all the chaos is over to see if there's a reason for his level of skill.

A few minutes passed with Sally standing there and observing the chaos before her. At this point, they killed both the Withers. Weirdly enough, none of the Withers chose to attack her during the whole time she was just standing there.

When she jumped down, she was among the very few people who had little to no injuries. Some of which were Techno, Phil, and surprisingly Dream.

Everyone was utterly exhausted. Atleast, everyone who tried killing the Withers. Some people, like the Badland inhabitants, switched sides and fought with Techno. Then there were the people who were ALWAYS on the Manberg's and/or Greater Dream SMP's side.

Technoblade had, somehow, completely disappeared. The L'manbergians and Philza were helping to rebuild the destroyed things. And Dream and his people started going back to their homes. Except for some people who stayed and helped, like Ponk who forced Purpled to help as well.

Phil finally spotted Sally and ran over to her, “Are you alright?” He asked her. She was unsure on what to answer. Saying 'Yes' would be lying. She felt it would be better not to say 'No'. She wasn't sure if she even WANTED to answer. But she did and said,

“Well… Country just exploded. Husband just died. Brother-in-law tried to kill OTHER brother in-laws and completely disappeared after. I barely did anything to help. Yeah, I feel like I'm great, Phil.”

Phil, being Phil, couldn't help but lowly chuckle at her words.