• Chapter 30 •

TW//Alcohol, Self Aliven't, Blood

(Also  cringe warning)

(3rd Person POV)

"Something happened after Technoblade knocked me out." He told them.

"It was all white, and blinding. It was shit. But that doesn't matter. No, it was what I saw and heard that matters..." He trailed off.

Tubbo was very confused.

"I heard somethin'. Then I saw it.... But back then I didn't understand..." He ran a hand through his hair. He was disappointed. Disappointed in himself.

"I thought about it for weeks. I drank more, and got more distracted because of it... But the more I thought about it... The more memories came flooding back..."

Tubbo was still very confused. What's the 'it'? What does this have to do with him? Why did Schlatt call him over? And why was he even talking about it at all?

"Just today it clicked in my mind. All the memories of the past came in, one by one. Like a puzzle being completed piece by piece.." More tears flowed down his face.

"Just this morning it all clicked. And I bailed on the war, as you can see. Spent the whole entire thing here, sulking in dispair. I'm so weak..." Schlatt laughed at himself.

Tubbo finally got the courage to ask "What are you talking about, Schlatt?"

"Tubbo... I just recently found out that...

You're my son."

Tubbo's entire world shattered. He stood stiff. As stiff as a statue. Almost everyone except Sally, Wilbur, Tommy, and Dream, was shocked.

A wave of different emotions flooded the room. Like confusion, surprised, and most especially, everyone was worried.

They were all worried for Tubbo. About how he would receive the news. Would he hate his adoptive family from now on? Would he still talk to them? Would he still talk to anyone after this?

Whispers and murmurs filled the room. But all Tubbo could hear were those 3 words that Schlatt had just said to him.

You're my son

Everyone lied. They all lied to him. His family. Wilbur, Tommy, and Techno never told him. Neither did Phil. Fundy didn't know. And Sally wanted to, but was selfish enough that she didn't.

He grew up thinking that he knew his family. Aside from his mother, he always knew who his family was. Phil was his dad. Tommy, Techno, and Wilbur were his brothers. Sally was his sister-in-law. Fundy was his nephew.

He never cared about his biological family. He thought they were dead, or didn't want him. Well, the last option probably still is a possibility. Schlatt is, most definately, alive. And that, itself, raises questions.

If his father is still alive, could his mom be? Does he have siblings? What about other family? Are they still alive? Did they not want him? Does he have cousins? An aunt and and uncle?

Tubbo just kept asking questions in this head. But then he stopped. He realized that he could get answers. They were all right in front of him. Schlatt.

Tubbo empty changed his expression to being solemn. "D-Do I have o-other family members?" He asked. He felt like crying. But he had to hold it in. No crying until the war is over. And with Schlatt alive, it most definately hasn't stopped.

Schlatt sighed. "All I remember is your two sisters. Your mother took Teagan. I gave Lani to my old friend, and enemy, Minx." Tubbo nodded. All different kinds of emotions lingered inside him.

Shock, from the news.
Anger, from being lied to.
Sadness, also from being lied to.
Happiness, from finding out that he has two sisters.
Sadness again, from not knowing where both of them are.
And confused.

"But I also vaguely remember your aunt." Tubbo's face slightly lit up. Another adult that he's biologically related to?

"My sister... I think her name is... Fluffy? Or Puffy? Or somethin'. I don't remember. I think she had kids too. But I don't remember anything about that." Sally breifly glanced at Dream. As always, she couldn't tell what he was feeling, because of the mask.

"Tubbo, the other reason I called you here is that, I want to apologize." Tubbo held in the tears.

"Since the start, I've always had a soft spot for you, kid. You were the only person I'd listen to, aside from myself. I just couldn't bring myself to say no to you. Now I know why. You're my son."

"That's why I felt so angry when you betrayed me. I was angrier than what all of you thought. I felt like I was betrayed from a long-time friend. Even though we've only known eachother for a few months at the time. At the time, I didn't know why I was so mad."

"I'm so sorry, son."

Tubbo couldn't hold it in anymore. He ran to his father and gave him a hug. Schlatt was surprised, but hugged back. He dropped the broken bottle that he was holding, and hugged his son.

Wilbur, then, came up to Tubbo and put a hand on his shoulder. Tubbo knew what this meant, and reluctantly stood up.

"We still have to kill you, Schlatt. You've wronged us to many times." Wilbur said with narrow eyes. Though, everyone else was unsure if they wanted the tyrant dead.

They all just saw him at his weakest. This was the most emotion they've ever seen him show. They wondered that, maybe, now that he's finally truly reunited with his son, maybe he'll change.

But everyone knew there's no changing Wilbur's mind. And no one tried. They think the if he kills Schlatt, he won't blow Manberg up.

Sally doesn't know what she prefers. Schlatt dies, and Manberg lives. Or Schlatt lives, happily with his son for the rest of his life, and Manberg gets blown to smithereens.

But what about Tubbo? What does he think about this? What does he feel? Schlatt's his father. Family is, surely, more important than a piece of land.

But Schlatt just laughed and narrowed his eyes at Wilbur "I won't let you have the satisfaction." Then he takes something from his pocket.

A red swiss army knife.

He took it from his pocket and put it to his throat. And, before anyone could react, slides the knife to the right, drawing a thick red line of blood on his neck.

Schlatt collapsed on the floor with his eyes closed. Tubbo ran to his aid. But it was no use.

Schlatt was taking giant gasping breaths. He was gargling blood and coughing.

Then 30 seconds later. It all stopped. No noise, other than Tubbo's sobs.

Schlatt was gone. He's dead. And Sally wasn't as happy about it as she thought she would be. No one was as happy about it as they thought they would be. Not even Wilbur. Not even Dream.

No one moved. Nor did they make any sounds. The only person that did move was Tubbo. He was sobbing. Wheeping. He was just hit with the news that some of his biological family might be alive. Only for the only one present to die before him.
________________________________

Well that was horrible .-.