BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 5

Start from the beginning

"Do you know her?" She passed me a suspicious look.

"Yes I do,but because of her academic performance"

"Who are you by the way?" She deemed it fit to ask who I'm.

"My name is Mahmud Jamal"

We reached the exit of the market and she wanted to go when I offered to drive her home. She gladly agreed and off we flew!

This Asiyah has a scary quietness in her that was quite uncomfortable. I also kept quiet and concentrated on my driving. She only talks when she has to show me directions to her house.

Finally,we reached an old gate which was painted black,she asked me to drop her there and I did as told. She got down and went away 'without any thanks' which was not required but it was actually weird and unusual. I was thinking about what kind of a person this boss lady is when the old gate cracked open. I saw her! The unique little girl. She looked at Asiyah and looked at the car. She then walked away as in minding her business. I exit the car and called.

"Ayesha" I tried my best not to shout and called her in a very respectable manner.

She turned and her eyes dilated upon seeing me.

"Sir" she walked towards me "As'salaamu alaikum Sir" She greeted with utmost respect.

"Wa alaikumus salaam Ayesha...first,you need to stop calling me Sir,I am not very older than you yaar" She smiled.
"It will take time for me to stop calling you Sir" She insisted.
"But,how did you bump into my crazy sister?" She chuckled a little.

"I mistakenly broke her shopping basket and had to pay for it by bringing her home" I said with no offence.

"Sacrè Asiyah,she did made you pay....my apologies" she laughed a little.

"No need for that,she just reminds me of my little sister at home,she also behaves this way with me" If not worse!

"Sorry for that too" she laughed again.
Seeing a bag stripped behind her,I believed she was going for studies.
"Are you going for classes?" I asked

"Yes but,I cannot call it classes instead it's just me studying,I am just going to revise at a quiet corner" she explained.

"Ohh,why don't you come to my home and have study classes with Noor and her teacher?" I offered.

"Noor?" She asked

"Ohh,she is my little sister also in eleventh grade"

"Maybe next time Sir,right now,I cannot change my schedule." She simply rejected but I didn't feel bad. I wished her good luck and made my way home.

As i drove home,I remembered something and took out my phone to call someone.
It was Ayesha's school principal and I told him about the fact that I wanted to sponsor the education of the top five students of every grade. I asked him to send me their names through email and I'll settle the rest. In a matter of minutes,I got the mail and I saw Ayesha's name as number one on the eleventh grade. A little smile travelled to my face.

-----

"It's your damn business!" That was Dad on the phone. I wonder who was getting on his nerves to make him shout this way. I walked to his room which was open and went in.

"Dad,are you okay?"

"I am okay Mahmud,go to your room please. I want to be alone" He dismissed me and I sadly went away. I am not Dad's favorite but I still love him a lot. The fact that he cares less for me bothers me but I just try to forget it and keep up the positive energy.

"Noooooor" I shouted the name of my adorable,sweet and pretty little angel and in a matter of seconds,she opened the door of her room and ran towards me. Before I could stand properly,she threw her small weight over me and I stumbled a little but stood correctly in a moment.

"I miss you Bayyaa!" She screamed and held onto me tightly.
"It's ok Noor,I am missable enough"
She immediately broke the hug and ran to my room locking the door before I could reach. Now I have to pay for being a braggart. Actually I won't. Today Noor acted behind her smartness because I have  my key with me. I opened my bag and took out my key. I ruffled the key for Noor to hear the noise.

"You are not fair Bayyaa!"

"You are right Noor,I am Brown" I teased and opened the door. I rushed to her and before she knows what was happening,I picked her from the floor and took her out. I went in her room,placed her in the middle of her bed and went back to my room. Noor is just a mosquito!

Finally,I could have my time to myself. I went into the bathroom and had a good shower. I performed ablution and headed out to pray and bond with my Allah.
I met a little pink Quran on the nightstand and took it. It was Noor's.
I read it to my heart's content. Then I used my headphones and listened to Abdul Basit Abdul Samad. I spent almost an hour on my prayer mat when my stomach grumbled. I wanted to head to the kitchen when the door to my room opened. There came Noor with a plate of food in her hands. I smiled.
My mind flew to Miss Chef,I wonder what she might have cooked with all her legumes. I giggled inwardly and hoped to eat at her restau one day inn shaa Allaah.

-------

(✏TIMABELLE💛)