XLIV || For Once

‚You're mean..' I whisper-grumbled, when he took his time, keeping me waiting. Up to a point when I didn't care if it hurt or not. I leaned up the last bit, gently connecting our lips, feeling him melt immediately into my touch, a smile spreading on his lips.

When I was kissing Hyunjin, I usually wouldn't open my eyes.. I would just enjoy it .. I had only opened them because I had heard someone enter the room. And it wasn't just anyone... It was my father out of all people, looking at us with an unreadable expression..

I tensed up by the sight of him, which Hyunjin could feel. He separated from me again, turning around to see what was off. He didn't seem surprised that my father was there..

‚He called me..' The black haired said quietly to me as if he could read my mind, which was basically screaming: What is he doing here?!

My father closed the door behind him, still looking at me and my boyfriend.

‚You two talk... I'll wait outside.' Hyunjin said wanting to get up from the chair next to my bed, but I held him back by his sleeve. Being alone with my father was the least thing I wanted in this moment. If he was there I had at least one thing to hold on to. I didn't need to say the words ‚stay', he understood without, sitting back down on the chair.

‚How are you?' My father was the first one to break the silence.

‚Fine..' The old man didn't come any closer, he just stood by the door, unmoving.

‚What happened?' Was he asking out of politeness...?

‚I was crossing the street, when some idiot talking on his phone sped around the corner crashing into me...I was lucky that he just hit me with the side of his car only and didn't hit me full on...' I snapped back.

‚Fortunately nothing worse happened..' He was quieter than how I had known him.. ‚I ... I payed all the bills, so you don't have to worry about that anymore..' I stayed silent.

What did he expect. Of course I wouldn't thank him for that.. I would just consider it when looking at his account of apologies he still owed me... and Hyunjin.. more Hyunjin than me actually...

There wasn't much to talk about between us, so he didn't say much more... he left after some time too, so for the rest of the day it was just me and Hyunjin, who had somehow managed to stop Minho from coming to the hospital, I lowkey had expected the cat to run into the room any moment. But that moment never came. I still don't know what threads he had used.

‚When are you going home?' I asked, when he was still not showing any sign of wanting to leave even though it was already pretty late. He was just lying with his head on the side of my bed, watching me. ‚I have to stay here for some days, but you-‚

‚I won't leave you, I'll stay.'

‚You want to sleep here?'

‚What else am I supposed to do?'

‚Sleep at home?'

‚That's too far from you..' He mumbled taking my hand in his, his eyes already getting a little droopy. Worrying about me must be tiring.

‚Then at least sleep on the sofa..'

‚Too far from you too...'

I sighed, stroking lightly over his head with my non casted hand. Usually I would have kept arguing, but seeing him like this -almost falling asleep- I couldn't. Knowing how much of a hard time he had sometimes to fall asleep, the best thing I could do was to just let him, I couldn't bare waking him again, even though I was worried about his neck.. sleeping like this can't be comfortable.