XXXV || Before There Was You

‚And you left me up in the dark all this time?' She raised an eyebrow more at her husband than us, who raised his hands in defence.

‚I didn't know either until a month ago..'

‚But you could have told me sooner, then I wouldn't have worried about the fact that there is only one room for you two.'

‚One room's totally fine..' Hyunjin chuckled with a small look towards me, adding quietly: ‚One bed even...'

‚But isn't the bed a little too small for three?' Hyunsook wondered, helping his wife distributing the food on all the plates and bowls.

‚Three?' I asked confused.

He nodded at the ground where a certain fluff ball was circling the legs of the table, smelling the food above him.

Right... three... how could I forget that I was competing against a dog now..

———

Hyunjin really loved his dog. They had been almost inseparable ever since we left the others and went into our room in the evening with Hyunsook's last sentence: ‚The walls are not soundproof...' No clue what he could have meant by that...

I sat on the bed trying to not get bored, while Hyunjin sat somewhere on the ground playing with Kkami. I had tried to join him earlier but Kkami didn't seem to like me at all. I especially noticed that when I was alone in the room with that dog... I'm sure he wants to eat me or something...

[Hyunjin POV]

He excused himself shortly from Han...and Kkami, before walking outside headed for the kitchen to get something to drink for them. He stopped around the corner though, hearing quiet voices out of the living room.

‚Han-ah really is the sweetest..' It was Aeyoung. ‚He really likes Jinnie.'

‚Yeah, I wasn't sure about him the first time I met him, he didn't seem very serious.. about Hyunjin back then..but now... I'm really happy for my little brother that he found someone like Han. He's good for him.' Hyunsook's voice was quiet, very quiet, as if he was sunken deep into his thoughts.

‚Sooki, something wrong? You don't sound well..'

‚It's just.. I'm worried.. you know who I'm talking about.'

A pause.

‚Will you tell them? About Han?'

‚That's the last thing we should do right now. They are still abroad.. they won't come back any time soon. For now it's best that they don't know about them. I might be paranoid.. but I have the bad feeling that this wouldn't end good.'

‚So you want to keep it from them for now?'

‚I mean look at them. Have you ever seen Hyunjin as happy as he is with Han? He was never like this. It's not just any naive relationship that both are still trying to find themselves with. They both found themselves in each other. If they knew I don't know what they would do. They wouldn't see it as I see it. They wouldn't care if he's happy or not. They have other priorities..'

‚But this is not a solution that lasts forever. The day will come that they will know..'

‚I know..I feel like it's already breaking my heart just thinking about it..'