A Sister

"Are you sure I shouldn't stay?" Draco looked at Ginny uncertain.

"Of course," she replied and kissed his cheek "I'm fine"

He stared at her for a while, despite her words Draco still wasn't convinced, it seemed the type of thing he should be present every step of the way.

Ginny rolled her eyes and smiled "If anything changes I'll call you"

"You'll send me an owl?" he joked, holding her as close as he could at that stage.

"If it'll stop you from worrying," she said, running her hands through his hair.

Ginny closed the door once she didn't see Draco anymore and let herself sigh, despite her words, with Harry at school and Draco at work, she knew how truly bored she was. If it had been a different day she'd find something to do before it was time to pick up Harry, she'd study, get dinner ready, do some walking, speak to Mrs Rees, watch the telly, practice some magic, anything really.

But that day wasn't a normal day.

It had all started somewhere after three in the morning, it had been mildly uncomfortable and she hadn't been able to sleep all morning, she thought it had been simple Braxton Hicks but the longer it went on the more convinced Ginny was that she truly was in labor, but when she'd called the doctor she was told to wait until the contractions were closer or her water broke, and she was ready for the delivery.

And that was where she was, annoyed, bored, and uncomfortable as she waited for her body to tell her it was time to leave for the hospital. She could've asked Draco to stay but she didn't want for him to jeopardize his job... and she might just kill him otherwise, love wouldn't save him while she was in pain.

"You want out, I want you out," she told her baby "Can't we speed this up?"

She'd receive no answers for quite some time, Ginny knew it, but as she tried to adjust herself in another position and with nothing to direct her frustrations at, all she could do was talk.

"How do you think it would be like if you were born in our time?" Ginny wondered, and smiled at the thought that appeared, she'd have many people being overprotective over her that was for sure, Harry wouldn't be their son, Draco would have a much different job... would he even be allowed to take over his family businesses after marrying her?

Ginny sat upright again, hit with another question she caressed her stomach.

"Would your grandparents even like you?"

It was a terrifying thought to imagine that Lucius and Narcissa would be so hateful as to reject their own grandchild, but it hardly a new thing in the wizarding world, her own family had been rejected by the Blacks for not agreeing with their beliefs, would their family be rejected in the same way if they had fallen in love in their own time?

She was distracted from her musings by a knock on the door, smiling half exasperated when she opened the door.

"Dra-David sent you, didn't he?" she asked Mrs Rees and Iwan.

"If I say no will you believe it?" Iwan asked and Ginny laughed, despite all, she was glad to have at least someone to talk to that would actually answer.

"Oh, he's not looking down on you, darling, he's just worried since he can't be here" Mrs Rees explained kindly "And besides who else would take you to the hospital?"

"Thank you" Ginny answered, her earlier plans had been to take a cab but thinking about it now she was relieved that she'd go with someone familiar instead.