To the Zoo

Draco took Harry and raised him to sit on his shoulders so the child could see above the crowds.

Out of curiosity, they had decided to go to the zoo that day; the days were warm, people had decided to visit more and would probably double once the school year was done, so it seemed a good idea to visit before then.

He thought it was a nice break from work, it had been two months now but it still felt weird not spending as much time with them as before, in a way, Draco supposed, he missed them during the week. Ginny on her end, was aware, maybe even too much, of how both his absence and his proximity was affecting her, going out was a better alternative to confronting that change in them.

She just wasn't ready yet.

They passed through the roads, observing the animals, Harry being extremely disappointed when the lion didn't roar as they passed by and Draco had to keep him from throwing himself into the area of the deers before the child decided he'd rather walk as they passed by the monkeys and the birds.

They went all around the zoo and then took some time in the reptiles section, but the moment they heard hisses that weren't from the serpents, they decided to move on rapidly and go eat instead.

They sat on the table and Ginny set down the food they had made the day before for their trip, Harry watched happily from his seat beside Draco.

"Mine!" the toddler declared when Ginny took out the sandwiches.

Draco laughed "They are all yours? Do you even have the space?" and poked him on the side, briefly tickling the laughing child.

Harry reached for the food and pulling it over to him, he observed the plate before taking one out and handing it to Draco, who thanked him and stroked his head.

"So only he gets food?" said Ginny with fake outrage.

The toddler looked back to the plate in alarm, but Ginny had no time to assure him of the joke that Draco helped him give the other sandwich to her.

"This for Mama"

"She has so little faith, don't you think Harry?" Draco said and Harry laughed.

"Don't listen to him," Ginny shook her head but her smile told the two that she was perfectly happy "Thank you, Harry."

He smiled and took his own sandwich.

They were finishing their food when Harry pointed to their side where some peacocks had flown to, and after putting away their stuff, the two went near the birds, Ginny at first just watched what they were doing but decided to follow them.

"Do you like the peacocks, Harry?" Draco asked the child, crouching to his height.

"Yea!" he answered with a big smile and nodding.

"Do you want to see them closer?"

Hearing Draco say that Ginny worried he might try to use magic to call the animals, it would gather too much attention so she rushed to their side.

"There are too many people here, don't try anything."

But the blond just smiled, enigmatic and smug, she wondered what did he plan on doing.

"Do you, Harry?" he asked again.

Harry's eyes shone "Yes! Colours Bird!"

Ginny watched with guarded curiosity as instead of reaching for his wand, Draco carefully did something, she wasn't sure what, but one of the closest ones seemed to find that intriguing and even as he kept Harry just behind him, she still wanted to grab Harry and put distance between him and the bird, her experience with chickens made her suspicious.