Mad

Things had been different those days.

Draco couldn't quite put his finger on what, however.

On the surface everything was as it ever had been, he was free for the winter holidays so he could spend his days at home, they would have breakfast in the morning and Harry wanted to watch the cartoons on the telly, then it was lunch and they usually went into town afterwards, especially after they found a park not too far from where they lived, before returning home and eat dinner. Fairly simple, if he didn't count Ginny.

She tried to be casual and her usual self but it was never quite right.

She'd avoid his eyes and when they talked she would try to be normal but it was hard not to notice how she'd blush every time he got too close, when she did let him get close that is, it seemed that every touch from him would burn her and she'd rush away from him. Sometimes he had the impression she kept their schedule as full as she could to stay away from him.

It was frustrating and at that point Draco felt like a dog desperate for her attention.

Just look at me! It's not like I'm going to bite you or whatever!

He thought as Ginny once more turned around the kitchen so that she wouldn't look at him while they prepared lunch together, the kitchen wasn't even big enough for her to turn that many times!

"Gin--" he was about to ask her for the bowl, gently placing his hand on her waist, when she once again jumped away from him.

"Ah! Draco! Hum, I need," she tried to explain her retreat as usual, red as a tomato "I was thinking of inviting Mrs Rees for lunch, so, hum, you can finish that, and I will, yeah, go now"

Draco watched her leave and sighed. He'd been replaced by an old woman.

"Where diwd Mama go?" Harry asked, at least he still faced him when talking.

"She ran," Draco explained, getting the bloody bowl "She didn't think we were funny enough"

Harry's eyes widened in worry, holding his teddy bear tighter "I am fun! Please!"

Draco smiled and picked the boy up "I'm joking, she just went to ask Mrs Rees for lunch, you like Mrs Rees no?"

"So Mama not going away?" the boy asked and Draco shook his head, using his wand to move what he couldn't reach with Harry on his arm "Then yea! I like Misses Rees"

"Good, your mother loves to use her as a shield from me" he muttered, still unhappy with Ginny.

"Why?" Harry asked, trying to understand what had upset his father.

Draco sighed "I don't know! That girl was made to drive me mad"

Harry turned his head to the side, confused "Is that bad?"

Draco looked at the boy and couldn't help but smile.

"Not really"

"Then, it was an alien!" Harry exclaimed and Mrs Rees listened attentively to him telling the plot of the film they had seen some weeks before, making Ginny smile.

Bringing Mrs Rees to lunch or dinner was always a great idea, keeping both Harry and herself distracted, that way the toddler had more people to interact and she didn't have to think about her pseudo husband.

She knew he had been trying to get her attention and she wanted to hate him for it, did he really need to touch her so much? Before in the kitchen when he had his hand on her waist he had been so close she felt his breathing on her skin when he spoke to her, did he have no idea what it did to her heart? Stupid git.