Preschool

Ginny felt something poking her shoulder, grumbling she tried to shake it off and for a moment she thought it had gone away.

"Mama..."

A voice vaguely reached her and the poking returned.

"Mama, Mama"

Ginny slowly tried to escape the drowsiness, her body feeling rather heavy like a stampede had just trampled her, the light blinding her eyes as she started to realize that Draco hadn't woken her that morning.

"Mama!"

Ginny bolted upright on the bed, turning to look at Harry's upset green eyes, clearly he'd been trying to wake her up for a while and she couldn't believe it had taken her that long to hear him.

"Mama, 'm hungry," he said extending his arms, asking to be held.

Feeling extremely guilty, Ginny picked him up and kissed his head "Oh baby, I'm so sorry," she apologized, squeezing him a little and heading towards the kitchen "Let's go, you get to choose breakfast"

"Anything?" Harry asked raising an eyebrow, and Ginny had to laugh as the boy was clearly trying to imitate Draco, she had to tell him about it later.

"Anything" she agreed, not even minding it too much, they both deserved a very sugary breakfast that day.

By the time they were done with their indulgent meal, Ginny had decided to leave the matter of her sleeping in, to later, when she could ask Draco why he hadn't woken her up as they'd done since he started working. She had just started planning what they would do that day when she heard someone knocking on the door.

That would be way easier with magic.

Ginny threw the thought of her wand to the back of her mind with a sigh, content in the fact that it wouldn't be long before she'd have it back in hand now, she focused on doing things in the muggle way and just opened the door, smiling when an apologetic Mrs Rees greeted her.

"I feel so bad for missing the birthday," the older woman said once they were seated in the living room.

Ginny shook her head and said gently "You didn't need to, we understood that you were needed, we'd have done the same if Harry was hurt" before smiling conspiratorially to the other woman "And Harry was easily distracted once he saw the present!"

Mrs Rees laughed at that, when she felt a little pull on her sleeve, so she looked down and met a pair of green eyes looking at her very seriously.

"Yes?" she asked concerned.

Harry took a deep breath before saying "Mama told me to say thank you, Mrs Rees!"

Mrs Rees smiled, feeling soft at Harry's smile and glad to see that the Hewitts were happy "Well, You're very much welcome, dear"

The boy giggled and ran back to his toys, stopping just a moment to show the two that he was picking his birthday gift first.

"Glad to see he liked it" Mrs Rees exclaimed before turning back to Ginny "So, Harry is three this year, right? Are you and David planning on sending him to a preschool?"

"A what?" Ginny asked, feeling suddenly unprepared and worried she'd sound dumb, she knew from her talks with Hermione that muggles required some form of teaching before they were eleven but from what she remembered that wouldn't be until Harry was five or six.

"A preschool" Mrs Rees repeated, thinking Ginny just hadn't heard it "Gwen was talking about it when we were there, she is certain that she and Ben should send Daisy to a preschool and how that is supposed to make kids more prepared" the woman laughed and Ginny tried to smile, even as she tried to understand what was being talked about by context clues alone "I have no idea if she's right, when I was raising Benjamin and Iwan it was normal to just home school"