Not Just a Ring

Draco finished preparing breakfast and handed Harry his, so they could start eating while they waited for Ginny. He did not expect said girl to appear in the kitchen looking grumpy and wearing sweatpants.

She followed his line of sight and sighed in irritation "None of my pants fit me right now thanks to you" she growled while stabbing the eggs on her plate.

"Thanks to-?" Draco began before he finally understood, so he chuckled before answering "Love you too, darling"

Grumbling to herself she repeated what he said before giving him a kiss on the cheek with all the spite she felt at that moment "It's all your fault"

Despite her aggressive ways that morning Draco knew she had it worse and she looked like it too, Ginny seemed ready to just crash on the morning eggs and all he could do was to be glad that at least she only looked sick by normal pregnancy.

"I'll take Harry to school today" he decided then, it would change his plans slightly but he could deal with it, as she said, he was half the reason she was in that state to begin with.

"Will you?" she asked, her eyes shining.

Draco chuckled and kissed her head once he got up "Well, it doesn't benefit me to have you mad, no?" he joked, glad to see her smile.

"I knew there was a reason I loved you" she joked back, pushing on his tie for a real kiss.

Harry observed it all, wondering why adults were so silly.

The dark-haired boy looked around, but despite his best attempts he couldn't recognize where they were at all, his mother always took him through the same route, had his father gone the wrong way?

"This not the way to school" he looked up at Draco, wondering if he had to show the way he went with mum.

Draco picked up the boy, before telling him of his plans "That's because today I need to do something first," he smiled as Harry's eyes went wide in surprise "I'm going to give your mum a gift, do you want to help me choose?"

Harry smiled brightly and nodded, more than happy at being asked to help.

With a kiss on his head, the two entered the jewellery shop, something Draco hadn't done in years now, it felt strange how much more aware of money he'd become, between his new life and his job, money just didn't have the same meaning as it once was. Although for that gift, he certainly wished he still had all of his assets.

"Welcome," a man greeted the two, looking bored at the slow morning "Anything in particular?"

"Ah, yes," Draco cursed himself for stumbling over his words there, he'd been so caught up in his thoughts that he'd been surprised by the man "I'm searching for an engagement ring"

"Those are over here" the man moved towards one of the sides so they followed him.

Draco looked down at the display, feeling suddenly and completely unprepared.

"What do you think Harry? Do you think she'd want any of these?" he asked in a low voice. It shouldn't be so hard, they were already married in basically every way, but it felt so personal to get something as simple as a ring.

Maybe he shouldn't, maybe he should just turn around, they were about to have another kid anyway, they didn't need rings to prove anything.

But it isn't just about the ring.

The blond sighed, he'd never thought too much about how he wanted his wedding to be but now it felt wrong not to have a wizard wedding, to have Ginny as his wife as a wizard, because they loved each other, because they choose each other, no longer just as a convenient lie. He wanted to have at least that much.