Little Haven

To say that Ginny was excited would be an understatement.

With the warming days, it made for a great early visit to the beach, and visiting another city after all those months had her almost waiting at the door for Mrs. Rees to arrive.

"So you admit the flat is too small," said Draco, teasing her.

"Just because you're right doesn't mean you can be smug about it" she answered, refusing to let him win.

He laughed.

Draco went to the bag they had set up the day before, to make sure they had all they needed. Being honest, he was excited too, at this point he hadn't been to the beach in years, and getting away even for just that day sounded perfect. Harry even had a new hat.

They could use the fun.

"Isn't this your triple check?" Ginny asked, just curious.

Draco thought about just shrugging or lying but decided on just being honest "Gives me something to think and I can easily control it, it's easier than waiting."

Ginny smiled at the small truths he'd say even when it wasn't his first instinct.

"Let's do something other than waiting then," she exclaimed, taking his hand and leading him away from the bag.

He shook his head but accepted the offer.

She sat them down on the ground, picking Harry and seating him on her lap, the toddler eyeing them curiously.

"We've been training," she told Draco before looking at the child "Harry, where is the nose?"

"What?" Draco asked laughing but Ginny shushed him.

Harry looked from one to the other before reaching his hand to Ginny's nose, despite it looking very silly to Draco, Ginny beamed and stroked Harry's head, the toddler now looking very pleased with himself.

"Harry, where is the couch?" she asked and again he pointed in the right direction.

"Anything more?" Draco asked amused, having now forgotten about his stress.

Ginny smirked then "Harry, where is Daa?" she said, stressing the a, enjoying the expression on Draco's face, trying to be mad at her but unable to not find her play amusing.

Harry smiled and reached for Draco, who sighed and picked the boy, stroking his head, something he always seemed to appreciate, maybe he found it comforting, Harry seemed always more relaxed when he could feel at least one of them was there.

"Shouldn't you be calling me Draco by now?" he asked the boy.

Harry blinked at him "Daa?"

"Draco," he tried again, but the child didn't seem to care.

"Dada!"Harry exclaimed instead.

Ginny burst out laughing and Draco rolled his eyes, resigning himself, Ginny couldn't help but mock him a little.

"Apparently, he sees blonds as family too" she threw his joke back at him, trying to rein in her laughter.

When the sound of the doorbell came, Ginny jumped from the ground and ran to the door, happily greeting Mrs. Rees and inviting her inside.

This time Mrs. Rees was accompanied by her younger son and Draco had to admit he hadn't expected the man to look so young, not that much older than him in fact, his brown hair was darker than Benjamin's and he didn't look at Draco with pity like his older sibling had, it was a good difference that made Draco more relaxed in their choice to go to the beach.