Ice Skating

Ginny looked at the door opening.

It had been a strange day, after the terrible dinner she had hoped she'd be able to talk things through with Draco but he was nowhere to be seen and it had been miserable waiting for him to return with nothing more than a note telling her he'd be back.

Was what she said that terrible that he felt the need to run away from her? He had only felt necessary to run away once and it had not been their best moment, had she ruined things with Draco? But she had no idea what she had done.

So she had waited for him to return, apologize, or anything that might fix things, she just wanted him back.

Draco entered the flat and it felt like a sick deja-vu because Ginny looked just as she had when he returned the day he decided to apologize for his past, only instead of readying herself for conflict she looked scared.

Had he not promised to never leave her like that again?

He ran and embraced her before she could say anything, he wouldn't be able to handle it if she apologized now, Draco wanted to do things at least somewhat right.

He made his future and it would begin now.

"Draco, what happened yesterday--" Ginny tried to say, so glad that he was holding her again.

"I'm sorry" he whispered, holding her close.

He knew she would think she'd done something wrong, a problem with being too good of a person, his stupidly selfless Ginny.

She pulled away to be able to look him in the eyes and found him smiling at her and it made her heart swell, he wasn't angry and she hadn't ruined everything, Ginny almost kissed him for that.

"Ginny," he said and she found herself nodding, his eyes that shade of silver that always distracted her, "I think we should talk"

Ginny froze "Draco, whatever it was, I didn't mean it, it's okay, we don't need--"

Draco laughed and hugged her again.

"I didn't mean it like that," he said, looking at her worried expression "I meant, on a date"

Ginny blinked, worried she hadn't heard him correctly while her heart was trying to escape her chest "Date, as in a real date?"

"I don't think we have the money for anything fancy, but it could be enough," he said with shining eyes "For us"

"So you are asking me out?" she repeated just to be sure and Draco nodded, Ginny smiled then said "Yes! I mean, yes, sure, yes"

"Tomorrow then?" he asked at least and she agreed, trying to not make her smile too obvious.

Ginny was about to turn around, find somewhere in the tiny flat that she could have a place alone where she could assimilate what had just happened when she noticed how Draco was walking.

She raised an eyebrow and asked, "Draco... where have you been?"

It felt strange to tell someone her own age to take care of her child, but Ginny knew they would never be able to properly talk if they had to also take care of Harry and so a babysitter had to be hired.

The toddler looked at her with a pout "I wanna go too"

Ginny kneeled to the child's height "I know love, but this is something we have to be alone, another day we can take you out"