Chapter 88

The morning I woke I was alone, a part of me was upset that he had left but another thanked him for leaving, Christine isn't ready to know we're back together and maybe even more serious than before.

I stood up and prepared myself to have a pretty boring day, not that I never have a little boredom in my life, actually a little boredom is what I need lately, it's what I want.

But the desire wasn't granted when I got a call from a number I didn't know, I hesitated to answer remembering what happened last time I answered a text from a number I didn't know. The stupid person in me still answered because that stupid person was also the curious person.

"Hello?" I sat up and made my best effort to not sound like I just woke up, I ran a hand through my hair and frowned at how greasy it felt.

"Olivia?" It was Steve, for a second I almost choked, I almost laughed.

"Yeah.." I didn't know what else to answer with than that, what did he want? I get it, he's my biological father but that same father had no interest in me when my mum was first pregnant with me, why would he want something to do with me now? I'm a teenager, we're more irritable.

"Okay good, for a second I thought your mum might've given me the wrong number"

She wouldn't do that I almost found myself defending but then again my relationship with my mum isn't good either. "It's me" I struggled to say but somehow managed to say it.

"Olivia, I'm not working today I was thinking we could do something?"

"I have to study all day, maybe another day" I lied, did I have to study? Yes. But was I going to do it? No. Truthfully I just don't want to be anywhere around him, I don't get that sensation of having my father with him around, I just get a sensation of looking at a stranger who killed my puppy.

"Then come over for dinner," Steve almost begged "Look, I know the least of things you want right now is to talk to the guy who abandoned you and your pregnant mum but I just want you to get to know me, if after that you still hate me I'll leave you alone" It suddenly hit me how I wasn't just abandoned by my biological father but by Jeremy as well, but somehow Jeremy leaving hurt more, maybe because I knew him more and I believed him to be my actual father. Maybe because I never suspected he was unhappy with us.

"Okay" I found myself saying "what time?"

"How about six? I can't believe you said yes, you have no idea the joy-"

"Please don't," I spoke and felt awful but I couldn't control that those words were the words my inner self wanted to speak. "I don't feel comfortable"

"Sorry, I guess I'll hang up now" then I heard a click noise saying that the call had ended, I didn't really want to go but I couldn't just as much say no.

I sighed, that was a pretty rude way to speak to him, I mean no matter what I have to understand that without this man I wouldn't be living, without this man I wouldn't have made it on this Earth. I have to tolerate him at least for that.

But knowing that my biological father hates the person I love isn't helping me warm up either.

....

I decide to arrive early and say hello to Max and Charlotte, I made sure to not be dressed up, I didn't want to be questioned where I was going and anyway it's just a casual dinner.

I wore black skinny jeans that for once hugged the curves of my legs and a faded gray tee with a army green jacket, my hair was in its natural waves and the only makeup I wore was concealer and mascara.

"Hey sweetie" my aunt Karina greeted me smiling while holding a sippie cup for Charlotte.

"Hey aunt Karina," I smiled "Is Max home?"