Spinning

Alessandro

Hailey and Kayleigh.
My life's complete.
I looked down at our two beautiful children.
A love.
So strong.
Something that would never break.
A love so strong you would do anything for then in a heartbeat.
My perfect family.

My phone began to ring in my pocket.
I was about to press decline when Mia spoke up.
" it's okay you can take it. It is okay to take your eyes of the babies and I for a few minutes" she said with a giggle.
I smiled happily at her as I stood in the corner of the room looking out the window.

Phone call
" hello?" I asked
" ah Alessandro it's Leo. How is Mia?" He asked
" everything's perfect. I've got two babies " I said with tears in my eyes.
" congratulations. I'm an uncle " Alessandro said with realisation in his voice.
" to Hailey and Kayleigh "
" wow, how perfect. Well done man. Say well done to Mia for me. "
" will do. "
" bye"

End of call

"It was Leo, he was congratulating us " I told her as I walked over and kissed her head.
Suddenly the fire alarm started blaring.
Mia and I both looked at each with horror plastered on our faces.
Mia can't move.
" shit" I muttered as I walked over to her and gently hugged her.
" it will be okay, I'll go and see what's happening " I told her as I left.
I walked out the hospital room and into the hallway. The hallways were dim.
The lights had stopped working.
I pulled my gun out the back pocket just in case.
I turned the corner to see hospital staff on the floor.
Dead.
Pools of blood flooded my feet.
I looked in reception to see the receptionist lying face down on her keyboard.
" fuck " I screamed.
Everything was so quiet.
All I could hear were my footsteps.
Everything was way too quiet.
Until it wasn't.
Sounds of screaming flooded the hallway.

Mia
The alarm was making my head spin.
The ringing flooded my ears.
Then the cries followed.
The noise was way to loud form Hailey and Kayleigh.
" I know babies, it's okay, daddy's going to stop the noise" I told them as I just sat in bed helplessly.
I couldn't even reach them to comfort them.
Suddenly the door flew open.
" Alessandro why hasn't it stopped ?" I asked.
But it wasn't Alessandro.
It was Rodrigo.
" ah thank god. " I said.
He walked towards the baby's laying down in the basket and had a small smile on his face.
" wow" he said as he stroked Kayleigh's cheek.
" I know " I said with a small chuckle.
Then he walked towards me and sat on the edge of the bed.
"I'm sick of this" he told me as he stood up and started to pace the room.
" sick of what?" I asked confused.
Before I could even react he pointed his gun at me.
" I'm sick of you being the favourite. Sick of you being centre of attention. " he shouted as he kept his eyes glued to me.
" what do you mean Rodrigo ?" I asked.
" it's always been that way Mia" he told me as he came even closer to me.
" please keep the gun away " I told him but he wouldn't listen.
" hey sis " he told me with a smirk across his face. His voice was laced with venom. Laced with anger, jealousy and evilness all at once.
" what?" I asked completely shocked.
He isn't my sibling.
Why would he say that?
" Surprise "
" I only have two brothers Mason and Tyler " I told him.
" no no sissy. That's where you are mistaken. I'm also your brother "
" I don't understand "
" father has always kept me a secret and I've never liked it. He had an affair. That's why your mothers dead. She found out. And within a flash he killed her. He didn't want her anymore. He wanted my mother. So he killed her. He told me everything would be okay. That I would come and live with you guys and that you guys would accept me. But he never did. He never even introduced me to you guys. He told me it's best that I stay away so he kept me and my mother at a house around 15 minutes from yours, on the edge of town. He came every so often to see us. We we're his family. But no matter how much I tried to impress him. He always talked about you. Every single fucking day. Because you were his favourite and I'm sick of it. So so so sick of it. So I'm going to make him proud. " he told me as he held the gun right to my chest.
I could feel the cold metal against my skin.
" oh my god " was all I could mutter.
I couldn't believe it.
" you don't have to do this Rodrigo. " I warned him.
It looked as if he was fighting himself in his mind.
He looked insane.
Not like the Rodrigo I've known for this past year.
" I trusted you " I managed to whisper as a stray tear cascaded down my cheek.
" I know. And think about poor me. I had to act like I liked you for a year. " he said as he laughed.
" please " I muttered.
" sorry sis " he said as he pulled the trigger making me scream in pain.

Alessandro

I know those screams.
Mias.
I ran as fast as I could through the corridor all the way to her room.
I rushed into her room to see her lying on the bed with blood all over her hands.
Her own blood.
" Mia" I screamed as I ran towards her and tried to stop the bleeding with my own hands.
" it's okay, it's okay, it's okay" I repeated to her as I tried my best to stop the blood.
But it was impossible.
There was too much.
Life was seeping out of her quicker than I've ever seen before.
" come on baby. Just stay with me " I said as tears fell down my face.
" you can do this. " I told her as I looked around the room for anything that would help me. I pressed the emergency button even though I knew it was going to be helpless as the staff were all dead.
" it's okay"Mia managed to mutter, between breaths.
" NO ITS NOT. I NEED YOU" I screamed helplessly.
" you've got Hailey and Kayleigh baby. You don't need me. Just look after them for me " she managed to say.
" no no no no no" i shouted.
" I'm not doing this. I'm not saying goodbye " I said with panic laced in my voice.
I couldn't.
I can't say goodbye.
No.
She can't leave me.
" Alessandro it's not goodbye forever, only for now. " she told me as a tear strolled down her cheeks.
" make sure you tell our babies all about me. The good and the bad " she said with a small chuckle.
She was getting paler by the second.
I was loosing her.
" do it yourself " I said through tears.
" we both know that can't happen baby" she told me with a smile as she slowly reached her hand out to my hair and stroked it.
" I love you. I love you more than anything. " she told me.
" I love you too baby" I said as I held her hand.
" you'll be okay without me. I know it . " she said as she gently stoked her thumb over my cheek.
" I need you Mia. I can't do this on my own"
" yes you can " she assured me.
It was no use.
I was a wreck.
I couldn't do this.
I can't.
Not without her.
" I'll be with you always. " she told me as we kissed.
I kissed her with everything I had.
Because this was the last time.
The last time I could kiss her perfectly plump lips.
Her velvet lips.
Perfect for me.
She was perfect.
I pulled away just as her eyes began to close.
" I love you" I said through my tears
She smiled.
That smile that lights up my whole world.
That smile that brightens my day.
Before she left.
Left to go to the place she will receive happiness.
Before I can be with her again.
Reunited as one
" I'll love you forever Mia. It will only be ever be you" I told her while I planted a kiss on her forehead.
"Goodbye my love. "

End of chapter!

Grab the tissues 😭.
Omg I can't believe this.
What do you guys think?
Sorry for the slow update.