Muffled tears

Part 9
Alessandro
When Mia walked in and I saw the cuts I felt as if my body would be taken over by the anger inside of me. I wanted to comfort her and hold her but I knew she was making me soft. I needed to prove that I wasn't changing and that the mafia was the priority.
I couldn't just sit here while she cleaned her cuts so without hesitation I got up and helped her.
When she just ran away afterwards I felt like she had stabbed me with glass. She was upset but she didn't want to show it in front of everyone. I wasn't prepared to leave her to cry so I decided I would go after her.
I talked with my men for another half an hour and ended the meeting. I ran straight upstairs to mias room. The door was shut so I knocked. She didn't reply so I knocked again and again. She still didn't reply so I tried to get into the room but she must of locked the door. " shit" I cursed under my breath. I rubbed my head as I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to scare her but what if she was in danger? I knocked one last time in the hope she would answer but no. I kicked the door handle in and managed to open the door. I could see Mia curled up in a ball on the floor. I could hear her muffled cries as I walked closer . " Mia " I whispered soothingly.
She didn't move or say anything. I walked down to her and touched her head and she flinched. " I won't hurt you " I assured her. She didn't seem to care as she still seemed scared. I tried to touch her hair again soothingly yet she flinched and moved out the way. " I'm sorry " I muttered to her. I knew I'd been acting the wrong way. She was special yet I let people make me thinks he wasn't. I touched her hair again and this time she didn't move. I stoked her hair and after a few minutes I said " Mia, please look at me ." She still didn't and I felt a little hurt. " I want to give you a hug" I told her with a sigh. Instantly she got up but not showing me her face and wrapped her arms around me. I comforted her and whispered in her ear telling her she will be okay. I stroked her hair and rubbed her back soothingly. Having her in my arms felt right. Why did I let her go?
After we had been hugging for at least 10 minutes I broke the silence.
" Mia let me see your face " I pleaded. You could tell she was reluctant however she slowly put her head up and I could see her bloodshot eyes and all her cuts.
" you'll be okay" I assured her as I wiped her tears and kissed her lips. They tasted salty from all her tears.
" I'll protect you " was the last thing I muttered before we both fell asleep in each others arms.

End of chapter!
Comment if you are liking the book!
I'm shocked that people read this so thank you it means a lot!